Standard Farm Stardew Farm (My farm)

What device(s) do you play on

• Total voters

RainbowJunimo

Sodbuster
That is more of a forest farm than the forest farm map. Very impressive.

For a majority of my save file, my income was mostly based around mayo, cheese, and ancient fruit wine (using the greenhouse, which I made a priority to unlock as I was on the beach farm). You can make a surprising amount of money by raising chickens, since you only need to buy one to get started. I think many people also overlook cows as another steady source of daily income. While animals and their products are definitely outclassed by wine, the daily return from chickens and cows is forever and adds up over time.

I do not recommend raising many pigs unless you clear a large area for them to search. I found out the hard way that if the farmland is packed to the gills with Stuff, the pig has less of a chance to dig up truffles. They need bare ground without grass, trees, or crops growing on it.
I must say I definitely tried very hard on this farm and definitely didn't hibernate through winter 2

RainbowJunimo

Sodbuster
I’ve been thinking about downloading SDV on my phone, but how to play in a way that lets me put it down and then pick up again. Now I’m thinking about a forager/forester/Rip van Winkle run: do the minimum necessary to get axe upgraded to steel, sleep until the farm becomes forest, and see where it takes me…
Like I need to be spending more time on Stardew Valley.
My tutorial on the minimum possible:
Procrastination, waiting until you desperately need hardwood, and last but not least, mining!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Holy forest! Lol

if you didn’t already know you can bombs trees, they take quite a few bombs but it’s a far more effective strategy than clearing with the axe. Only downside is that you don’t get tree seeds. You can bomb them until they are one hit with the axe and have the best of both worlds though.

RainbowJunimo

Sodbuster
Holy forest! Lol

if you didn’t already know you can bombs trees, they take quite a few bombs but it’s a far more effective strategy than clearing with the axe. Only downside is that you don’t get tree seeds. You can bomb them until they are one hit with the axe and have the best of both worlds though.
Thanks for the advice, and I may try it in the future, however, I think that would be inefficient because What would I do with 30 acres of land that I have no idea what to use for?

Jayamos

Farmer
Maybe a small pumpkin patch in fall? That might fit the farm vibe and would bring in good money. Sunflowers in summer? Not much g but pretty, and they give you seeds to replant. Blueberries are forest-friendly, easy, good money esp if you have some jars. Strawberries in spring? Also fits with the forest in my mind, good money and easy. Flower farm with bee houses? Pretty, decent money, might fit with the small farm in the forest vibe, low maintenance once the flowers bloom, presents for villagers.
Also, once you make enough money and carry out a couple of quests for the wizard, a Junimo hut is an option. Not good for the flower/bee farm, though, they will pick the flowers before you get the honey, unless you place the hut well away from the flowers. You do need some crops to see the Junimos but they are pretty fun to watch in the morning.

RainbowJunimo

Sodbuster
There is plenty to do, you can even clear space for more trees to grow. As it is now the ground is just as useless as being empty because there are so many trees no new ones can grow
Counter argument: no new ones can grow, but do I really need new ones to grow? With how many trees I have I'm pretty sure I'm the sole supplier of wood to the entirety of Pelican Town.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Counter argument: no new ones can grow, but do I really need new ones to grow? With how many trees I have I'm pretty sure I'm the sole supplier of wood to the entirety of Pelican Town.
Yeah I know but the only reason I mentioned that was as a counter point.

having a bunch of trees and not doing anything with them is the exact same as having no trees at all in terms of productivity