Issue Stardew Expanded glitch when entering Secret Woods

Chetjie

Greenhorn
Hi, so I've recently added the Stardew Expanded mod to Stardew Valley, and when I try entering the Secret Woods (using the chair hack), the screen just freezes on a part of the woods. I can't see my character, or move the screen, but the game goes on with time running and blobs moving, etc.
I've tried restarting the day and reloading the game.

I'm gonna try to upgrade my axe and see if going in normally works, but until then, I'm not sure what's wrong and I can't find any forums that have this issue.
This is what the screen shows when entering.

Edit: I've tried starting new saves, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling everything but still having the same issue.

wadaw.JPG

Last edited:

Meadowlark

Farmhand
If it was added to an existing save instead of starting a new file, I'm guessing that is probably what is causing it. There was an SVE update a few months ago that added an expanded woods, and that looks like it is still the vanilla version, so the issue could also be caused by not having the up-to-date version? I'm not sure if getting into the area without the chair would change anything.

Chetjie

Greenhorn
If it was added to an existing save instead of starting a new file, I'm guessing that is probably what is causing it. There was an SVE update a few months ago that added an expanded woods, and that looks like it is still the vanilla version, so the issue could also be caused by not having the up-to-date version? I'm not sure if getting into the area without the chair would change anything.
Hi, thanks. It was recomended to start a new save, so I did. I've also uninstalled everything and reinstall it, but I'm still having the same issue.
I saw somehwere that somewhere fixed a similar issue by installing CJB Cheats Menu and just warping, so I'm gonna try that.

xorofh

Newcomer
HELLO!! I actually had been having this issue and saw this post while I was looking for help on what to do and it got super bad that even with warping it would just freeze me and I had to fully restart my game, and if you have some kinda better secret woods then you gotta delete that because thats what was causing my issue!!

dooominatrix

Newcomer
This is an issue with having the SVE and Farm Extended mods installed at the same time. Uninstalled Farm Extended and the issue was resolved.