Windows Stardew crashing on startup

Babel

Newcomer
I originally had the game on xbox game pass for pc but found that every time I opened it it would crash just after the first screen opened up. I thought that if I downloaded the game on steam instead it would fix the problem, but after buying it for steam and running it, I got the exact same issue. I am running a clean game with no mods and I have tried a long list of things but have not been able to get it to work. I suspect it is something on my computer's side of things since both the steam and xbox games had the same problem. If anyone has any idea what to do I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Lew Zealand

Helper
One thing that helped me get Stardew working on an older computer when it would just crash out/not start was to update my graphics card drivers. You could try that.

There a long list of things to try at this thread at Steam:

From that list, I've seen installing or reinstalling Microsoft XNA 4.0 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) help people get this working here. The download links for those are in the Steam link.

Babel

Newcomer
I tried everything on the list but I'm still experiencing the same issue
I'm going to attempt a full wipe and reboot of my computer. I downloaded the game on my laptop and it ran fine so I think it might be a problem or virus I picked up along the way. Thank you for your help.

Last edited: