Sprinklers in beach map

Lineyel

Greenhorn
Hello! Well, I don't know if this is an issue or characteristics of the map, but the new map doesn't allow me to put sprinklers in the sand, this brings me down about playing the new map because it delimits the map about planting, so just wanted to know if it is an error or just the map!

Attachments

liquidcat

Staff member
It's a feature in the map! You can't place the sprinklers anywhere on the sand.

Last edited:

Zaphira

Sodbuster
I remember reading this 'No sprinklers on the beach' when I started a new game. I was explicitly told that this would happen. This warningmessage will be see- and readable for everybody.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, at character creation when making a new game, when you go to select the beach map there is a pop-up info box about it (as there is for all the maps) and it mentions no sprinklers on the sandy soil.

There is a patch of regular soil like on any other farm, however, so you could put sprinklers there. (It looks to be about 10x20 tiles.)

Lineyel

Greenhorn
I remember reading this 'No sprinklers on the beach' when I started a new game. I was explicitly told that this would happen. This warningmessage will be see- and readable for everybody.
Yes, sorry for my ignorance, I didn't know about these messages about the maps, but thanks for answering! I will read them all from now on hahaha

Lineyel

Greenhorn
Yes, at character creation when making a new game, when you go to select the beach map there is a pop-up info box about it (as there is for all the maps) and it mentions no sprinklers on the sandy soil.

There is a patch of regular soil like on any other farm, however, so you could put sprinklers there. (It looks to be about 10x20 tiles.)
Thanks! I will read those info boxes!

Lew Zealand

Helper
OK so I finally decided on how I was going to play v1.5, from a new save so I can do the Beach map, but the Sprinkler restriction wasn't something I was expecting. I hemmed and hawed about starting with a different map but...

It's 1.5, gotta do the Beach Farm! And it's a perfect excuse not to do so much farming, except the apparent small farm plot at the map center, so Lazy Farming wins again! Having a lot of fun so far...