Spouse revamp

Vinceidea

Farmhand
The current system is nice but quite primitive, they give you stuff and help a bit but nothing interesting. Marriage is already a kind of late game thing so it should be nice and fleshed out.

Please post comments with suggestions and ill add them to the list.

I will split this up into sections: "fits the game", "it might be possible", "maybe modders can do it"
============================================================================
Fits the game:
Spouses can do NPC stuff, go walk around town, and attend yoga ETC

IMO this should be an easy thing to code because they can just behave like they were before marriage

Cuusardo's suggestion:

"I would like to see spouses get out more often. Some of them do, but it seems like some of them completely give up on their social lives when you marry them. As if I'd begrudge them going to the Saloon, see a movie, or visit the Calico Desert or Zuzu City."

pretty much saying that spouses should get out more often and visit other places like the saloon, movies, ETC

============================================================================
it might be possible:
Spouses can go shopping and bring home things like stuff from Pierre's and food from the pub

They could just go and purchase stuff in a random schedule and it would be deducted from your account. (it should be possible to set a limit for how much they spend per week)

Extension: Maybe have a shopping list and when your spouse goes shopping they will bring home the stuff on your shopping list, unless it is not available. They could also have an allocated amount to spend on food and other items for themselves.

starFarmer's suggestion:

I love this idea of the spouses doing shopping! I know I have a tendency to forget to buy seeds sometimes when I get distracted with quests or foraging. It would be nice to have something like a notepad, and put how much of what you need from any of the stores/shops and when your spouse does the shopping/chores, they manage to pick up those items you happen to need? That would take a lot off of my mind in game wise in terms of remembering which crops need seeds to be bought more or less frequently. And now having to bounce back and forth between the farm and the island, in some ways I am even more forgetful about these sorts of things. It would be a huge help if the spouse could consider these kinds of helpful actions.

Pretty much saying that there should be a list to say what your spouse would buy and how much of each item.

=============================================================================
maybe modders can do it:

go with them to do something of their respective passion. Eg. foraging, mining, ETC

Thanks for reading!

Please contribute to this :D

-Vinceidea

Contributors:
Cuusardo
StarFarmer

Last edited:

Vinceidea

Farmhand
I would like to see spouses get out more often. Some of them do, but it seems like some of them completely give up on their social lives when you marry them. As if I'd begrudge them going to the Saloon, see a movie, or visit the Calico Desert or Zuzu City.
yes! I agree.

I will add this to the list

StarFarmer

Tiller
it might be possible:
Spouses can go shopping and bring home things like stuff from Pierre's and food from the pub

They could just go and purchase stuff in a random schedule and it would be deducted from your account. (it should be possible to set a limit for how much they spend per week)

Extension: Maybe have a shopping list and when your spouse goes shopping they will bring home the stuff on your shopping list, unless it is not available. They could also have an allocated amount to spend on food and other items for themselves.
I love this idea of the spouses doing shopping! I know I have a tendency to forget to buy seeds sometimes when I get distracted with quests or foraging. It would be nice to have something like a notepad, and put how much of what you need from any of the stores/shops and when your spouse does the shopping/chores, they manage to pick up those items you happen to need? That would take a lot off of my mind in game wise in terms of remembering which crops need seeds to be bought more or less frequently. And now having to bounce back and forth between the farm and the island, in some ways I am even more forgetful about these sorts of things. It would be a huge help if the spouse could consider these kinds of helpful actions.

Vinceidea

Farmhand
I agree! This is probably the feature that I want the most from the ideas.

will add to the list

Last edited: