1.6 Update (Spoilers?) unlocked two new special events

SciFiSushi

Cowpoke
I got theacid rain/fiber/moss weather event. I loved seeing all the townsfolk reacting to it. And also the rushing wind during the night event. (The giant tree thing) I added hardwood and made a little tree house but no one has moved in yet

Anyone else get these events? I’ve played this game so much I pretty much knew everything that could happen. I can’t tell you the glee I experienced to unlock something I’ve never seen before. 🥰

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I got theacid rain/fiber/moss weather event. I loved seeing all the townsfolk reacting to it. And also the rushing wind during the night event. (The giant tree thing) I added hardwood and made a little tree house but no one has moved in yet

Anyone else get these events? I’ve played this game so much I pretty much knew everything that could happen. I can’t tell you the glee I experienced to unlock something I’ve never seen before. 🥰
Yeah the summer rain event makes moss and I believe fiber appear faster and you just have to wait a bit for someone to move into the new tree stump and then you can begin the questline, it’s pretty fun and the end result is too

ArtifactSpot

Green rain and strong winds event (tornado?)? What’s with those events? I know it’s new to 1.6, but what’s its purpose? A new storyline? Like the summer earthquake during year 1 of original game?

Have you repaired your greenhouse yet? I believe that's connected to the treehouse quest.

A raccoon escapes from the ruins as the junimo repair it, and he starts the quest to inhabit it.

ArtifactSpot

So if you are past CC and GI then you won’t get the new raccoon? What does it do anyways?