[Spoilers] Please help me identify what trash bear wants

hexnessie

Farmer
A bit of a thread hijack, but since the main problem was resolved, maybe those who answered the OP would chime in.

Why is he called a bear in most wikis?

Look at the guy's stripey tail. He's a Raccoon! Trash panda, not trash bear!

Or are raccoons commonly called trash bear as well?

(I am in love with raccoons and possums which we don't have here so they are seen as pets, not pests)

imnvs

Local Legend
(I am in love with raccoons and possums which we don't have here so they are seen as pets, not pests)
Raccoons are unpredictable and very high maintenance as pets. Think of it as being as much maintenance as 2 special needs dogs. They are as independent as cats, won't listen to a thing you say, are naughty beyond belief and if it can not find a good number of good hidey holes, it'll start destroying stuff to make some. People have horror stories of their pet raccoons tearing a hole and then nesting IN the walls. Think long, hard and carefully before even considering a raccoon as a pet.

hexnessie

Farmer
Think long, hard and carefully before even considering a raccoon as a pet.
Oh, I wouldn't! They are considered an invasive species where I live so the whole pet thing is discouraged anyway, plus I'm personally against keeping wild, non-domesticated animals trapped at home unless there is no other way (they are hurt and can't be released etc.)

But they are massively cute anyway!

I kind of wish there were more exotic pet options in SDV. Or more talking animals to get friendly with! I mean, its a game where a mouse calls you on the phone to remind you he sells gud hats -- and nobody in town seems surprised!

Bbirdo

Cowpoke
A bit of a thread hijack, but since the main problem was resolved, maybe those who answered the OP would chime in.

Why is he called a bear in most wikis?

Look at the guy's stripey tail. He's a Raccoon! Trash panda, not trash bear!

Or are raccoons commonly called trash bear as well?

I call him a fat squirrel

I'm doing Trashy's fourth request right now, he wants glazed yams. I grew the yams and bought the sugar then realized I don't have the recipe! I'm watching reruns of QoS, checking the saloon daily, Krobus on Saturday, traveling cart every time. Any other way to get the dish? Will he eventually ask for something else?

I'm doing Trashy's fourth request right now, he wants glazed yams. I grew the yams and bought the sugar then realized I don't have the recipe! I'm watching reruns of QoS, checking the saloon daily, Krobus on Saturday, traveling cart every time. Any other way to get the dish? Will he eventually ask for something else?
Don't know about randomly asking for something else, but it *can* randomly appear in the saloon or Krobus' shop. It's very low likelihood that it'll be that particular dish though, 2% or thereabouts.

Ereo

Helper
He will only ask for anything else if he asked for fish that is not available in the next season. With cooked dishes, I don't think he reconsiders.

imnvs

Local Legend
Sorry, but he only changes what he's asking for if it is seasonal (fish or forage), and it is done at season change. He doesn't change the cooked dishes he asks for, so you are stuck hoping to get the recipe sooner or lucking into finding one already cooked for you.