[SPOILERS] Pierre's work ethic.

MissDandy

Farmer
I seriously feel like Pierre has a horrible work ethic. I'm not sure about other games but in my game, Pierre is vacationing at the island resort more than half the week, consistently. (Not enough to make me think it's a bug, but enough for me to wonder how he pays his bills). He's always there when I go and check on my island farm, and at his General Store in town, I feel like I'm getting to know the box you put the gold in better than I know him. When he is at the store, he tells me how he's happy to 'finally' get a day of relaxation after work, or how it's a lot of work to run a shop. He says rainy days are bad for business, but I feel like abandoning your shop to party on the beach during business hours is also not super great for business. It seems like for the amount he complains about work, he could be working 24/7 when really, he's on vacation. Does anyone else think that this could be the result of Pierre growing up a little bit spoiled?

Worblehat

Planter
I actually have the opposite impression of him, that he works way too much. In every single festival, he's manning his booth selling festival items, often in a place where you can't even converse with him. And he basically ignores Caroline because he's always working at the store or a festival (or occasionally drinking at Gus's bar). I definitely share the widely held opinion that Caroline could do way better than Pierre. :wizard:

I don't pay much attention to who is on the island, since I usually arrive before they do. And I very rarely need to buy anything from him anymore so I wouldn't notice if he's not in his shop.

Xristos

Tiller
I agree with Worblehat. Pierre is very hard-working since he works even on sundays. Imagine doing that irl! Also as he (worblehat) said, he works on festivals which 1. takes a lot of preparation and 2. doesn't relax.

MissDandy

Farmer
I actually have the opposite impression of him, that he works way too much. In every single festival, he's manning his booth selling festival items, often in a place where you can't even converse with him. And he basically ignores Caroline because he's always working at the store or a festival (or occasionally drinking at Gus's bar). I definitely share the widely held opinion that Caroline could do way better than Pierre. :wizard:

I don't pay much attention to who is on the island, since I usually arrive before they do. And I very rarely need to buy anything from him anymore so I wouldn't notice if he's not in his shop.
That's a fair point. I will give it to him that he works really hard during the festivals. If he could take that energy and put it into the shop when I need stuff (which I still do from time to time) then it would be a different story. Then maybe he wouldn't have to do festivals either?
I agree with Worblehat. Pierre is very hard-working since he works even on sundays. Imagine doing that irl!
I also agree with this. Working Sundays does suck and takes determination.

I guess my point is that if he is going to take time off like he does in my game (which might be different for your guys') then he shouldn't complain so much about how much work he's doing to make ends meet. I only say this because I think I had a few weeks there when he was at the store 2-3 days a week, and left Abigail and Caroline behind. At least bring your family man 😂 I know if I took that kind of time off and complained about my work load, I would have a hard time justifying it.

Ereo

Helper
I'm pretty sure the villagers going to the island are selected at random, so it's not the intention of the game to make Pierre look like he's always on vacation!

He is usually portrayed as hard-working, working 6 or 7 days a week and festival days. His family does complain about it too...

But if my job would work if I just put a box where I'm supposed to work, I would spend my days at the beach as well... :D

imnvs

Local Legend
By the time he has the option to take time off and go to the resort he'd been working 6 days a week for a long time and has now switched over to working 7! He's mostly a workaholic that is somewhat neglectful of his family as a result. He needs to take some time off.

MissDandy

Farmer
But if my job would work if I just put a box where I'm supposed to work, I would spend my days at the beach as well... :D
Yeah me too :laugh: I know it's not the intention of the game to have him gone so much, but I thought I could make some fun conversation with it :)
By the time he has the option to take time off and go to the resort he'd been working 6 days a week for a long time and has now switched over to working 7! He's mostly a workaholic that is somewhat neglectful of his family as a result. He needs to take some time off.
His vacation time really is at the expense of his family time. Maybe the random choice of Pierre going to the island will become less common after a while, and he can go back to being a workaholic. For now, the odds in my game still chose to make him seem like a slacker haha

PookieDoodle

Rancher
At least when he's not tending his shop he's out of the building. What about Marnie? I can't tell you how many times I've gone into her shop to get supplies/purchase animals and she's just standing in her room. Obviously she sees me standing at the counter. I really dislike her.

MissDandy

Farmer
At least when he's not tending his shop he's out of the building. What about Marnie? I can't tell you how many times I've gone into her shop to get supplies/purchase animals and she's just standing in her room. Obviously she sees me standing at the counter. I really dislike her.
Sometimes he's outside, sometimes he's on the island. But Marnie? I kind of forgot about her. I have to agree that she probably has a worse work ethic than Pierre, given that she is always away from her store two work days of the week, not including her trips to the island. I feel like she likes the microwave more than me too, even though she was the first person I reached ten hearts with. Absolutely unacceptable behaviour:laugh:

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Sometimes he's outside, sometimes he's on the island. But Marnie? I kind of forgot about her. I have to agree that she probably has a worse work ethic than Pierre, given that she is always away from her store two work days of the week, not including her trips to the island. I feel like she likes the microwave more than me too, even though she was the first person I reached ten hearts with. Absolutely unacceptable behaviour:laugh:
Tell me about it. Then to reach 10 hearts she wants you to give her a diamond. Could you imagine in real life? lol