Beach Farm [Spoilers] Oooooooooooooops! A Beachy Keen Farm story

Lew Zealand

Helper
Fall is over, the Pumpkins are all harvested, even the Golden one that's never used for anything. The Ostrich Racetrack has still failed to attract even a single Ostrich (if you build it, they may decide to take the scenic route). And Farmer Bobbi is still concentrating far too much on g acquisition, but not enough on seating so she doesn't get out of breath and passing out whilst making her way from one end of the Farm to the other.

SDVr1.PNG

Many has been the time that our Farmer has woken up late at night, somewhere in the fields, covered in Slime. The inevitable consequence of a local Slimejack party, after having been caught between the far flung farm benches and just needing a little, tiny liedown under this shady tree...

Extracting herself from a quickly solidifying hard shell coating, feeling like a sour M&M, she looks up at the quickly darkening sky only to see the judgement of the heavens gazing upon her sloth...

moonman.PNG

Wait, that can't be right. Stupid fish and their mind-altering slime coatings!

Hey, but I've done some... stuff, our heroine protests. I got my first Keg shed finally filled. There's even some Starfruit in there!

fullkegs.PNG

And anyways, I needed time to fulfill my destiny as the scourge of the seas, the Empress of the Islands, the Dread Sparkly Luau Pirate Queen! First by catching all the fish:

fish-1.PNG

OK, really close to all the fish, it's super easy just to round up to All. That last one's just bashful and hiding. He's really there, no foolin'.

OK, soon.

...and second, by my first visit to:

My personal spa.

mead.PNG

I was initially carded at the door but assured the bouncer that I'd left my peg leg in my other grass skirt. Once inside, my vassals instantly recognized my right as Queen and served complementary Mead to their natural born Leader. Many a Golden Walnut was acquired as winning the Darts game in 7 is pretty simple once your Queen figures out you need to... ehm, match the target points exactly. Seriously, you expect me to contain my skill and expertise to such a paltry total? This is not the swashbuckling way of life. There will be a reckoning with these layabout plunderers.

And the Farm had its first 300,000g day. No hoarding or anything but also no untoward or embarrassing amounts of Energy expended. Beachy Keen is a wholesome, upstanding Farm and doesn't tolerate more than the most ephemerally miniscule bits of perspiration, instantly dissolved into diaphanous fragments by the gentlest of breezes.

On the first day of Winter, in a relaxing post-effort mood, a call came into the Farmhouse at midday and upon answering it, Farmer Bobbi was greeted by a mental image forced upon her consciousness by background sounds of frivolity and laughter. However that mental image was no joke:

pierrecall.PNG

???

I do not want to imagine Pierre sans shirt. That is the unfortunate fate of Caroline. This is an unwarranted intrusion into my view of the world and at odds with the nature of the universe. Also gross.

However, our fine lass does like her Obelisks and Return Sceptres so happened to be at the Beach later that evening for some snowy Shell gathering and caught them all in the act:

boys beachtrip.PNG

Ah-HA! Caught you all on your sneaky Boys' trip back from the Beach! Pierre was calling from there trying to drum up sales while reclining with a daiquiri! Always one brain hemisphere in that blasted store. For shame. Well, 2 can play that game, so us gals headed there a couple days later.

abbybeach.PNG
pennybeach.PNG

(honestly the swimsuit sprites of most of the ladies are not great, IMO, the guys are somewhat better)

We invited the Mermaid but her calls always go to voicemail on sunny days.
mermaid.PNG

I've never seen Emily and the Mermaid at the same time so I'm convinced they're the same person.

...continued below as I'm out of pics I can attach!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Lastly, the Slimes are fecund little blobs, having taken over the Hutch in no time and are quite the happy, huggy, hooligans once I enter the place. The '80s Dance party has apparently been replace by a rave, complete with slamdancing and its consequently mildly reduced Health bar for our young Farmer upon egress.

slime party.PNG

However.

From the murkiest, watery depths, a dark and hungry god arises.

Beware all and sundry, l'enfant terrible will walk shimmy bounce squish be unleashed upon the least suspecting in but a week's time:

tiger slime egg.PNG

Winter will be a different kind of busy.

SDVr2.PNG

Last edited:

FairyRing

Farmer
Yay for everything! I'm very jealous of your tiger slime egg Also you can put iridium sprinklers on either side of your slime's waters and never have to water them again. And they just keep popping out slime <eggs> @FilthyGorilla recommended it with the lesser sprinkler but my thought is use the very best for the most impractical task.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yay for everything! I'm very jealous of your tiger slime egg Also you can put iridium sprinklers on either side of your slime's waters and never have to water them again. And they just keep popping out slime <eggs> @FilthyGorilla recommended it with the lesser sprinkler but my thought is use the very best for the most impractical task.
Yeah, iridium sprinkler with pressure nozzle does the job better. :p
For me though, I usually have so many basic and quality sprinklers from grinding in the early game that I can just waste them or do whatever.
Currently I have these sprinklers retired in a chest:
16 basic sprinklers
283 quality sprinklers
74 iridium sprinklers
And some pressure nozzles
I don't even use sprinklers and/or junimo huts for planting anymore (I have some more efficient methods though slower).

FairyRing

Farmer
pierrecall.PNG

???

I do not want to imagine Pierre sans shirt. That is the unfortunate fate of Caroline. This is an unwarranted intrusion into my view of the world and at odds with the nature of the universe. Also gross.
Me: "So... Concerned Ape why did you decide to make Pierre sans shirt here?"
CA: "why do you think?"
Me: "Thanks for the amazing game."

Lew Zealand

Helper
Silent snowfall descends from the heavens, settling softly upon Beachy Keen Farm as the final evening of another chilly Winter season draws to a close.

Bobbi_3-28-2022_4041736a.jpg

The Grass Starter is revving up its engines to explode over the inland sand in a desperate, vain, and ultimately doomed attempt to placate the phalanx of cabin fever-crazed Pigs and Kaiju straining against their walls to burst out upon the pristine Farmland like a late summer tornado. The Animal Kingdom will win this battle, and the war.

But what of the past season?

haleyexplosive chair.PNG

It started with a low rumble rapidly rising to a crescendo, with a searingly bright light cleanly splitting the early morning sky in two, casting its heavy and unyielding hammer down upon the farm in judgement of Farmer Bobbi's hapless designs. Splintered fragments seared the ground around the impact site, melding with the soil and crystallizing into miniature echoes of their fiery parent. Miraculously the storage chests were spared but more importantly, the Farm has a new themed feature!

However this confused Haley.

hec2.PNG

About the big Boom? I dunno but I'm gonna head right outside to see if the Wizard's tower has finally collapsed into a sensible single story ranch house! Uh, that's an unusual place for a chair...

he3.PNG

Oh, the chair! It's very nice dear and will suit the decor nicely. Um...

Do you mind if we move it away from the door? Or are you expecting some lions to drop by that need a touch of taming?

Farmer Bobbi also incurred additional wounds that day as the expanding throng of slimes are having problems recognizing their One and True Queen as I parade about in the Hutch holding aloft the birthright of command. But as you can see, those lowly Greenies are having none of that. They do taste the sharp end of the Galaxy Sword for their insolence but seem unconcerned, instead endeavoring to overwhelm even my culling efforts with sheer fecundity.

tigeregg2a.PNG

The Crystalarium expansion is proceeding with the intent of performing multiple vertical-only Skull Cavern runs and many hundreds of Stairs have been hoarded this way.

shed2.PNG

And there was a need...

For our young heroine had finally solved the Gem Bird Puzzle, the bit about the Bananas, the blasted Simon thing, and just to get a peskily annoying Bobbi off his case, Mr. Qi drew back the curtain on his Walnut Room. However, ever the trickster and general layabout, he challenged Bobbi to do things he'd never consider doing in a thousand lifetimes. Naturally, our young farmer displayed an equal disinterest and was heading out when El Q asked her to check the Reward list.

Pfft! Like I need any of that. I've made it this far without those really super wonderful conveniences I can't even decide where to start howdoIgetthisstuff???

Sigh, hooked like a fish.

*Ship 500 Qi Fruit. Hmm, I'll try. And failed. OK, maybe never on that.
*100 each of colored things?? That. Could. Not. Be. Easier. I have so many colored things hoarded for Tailoring it would be an embarrassment if I couldn't fulfill that 5 times over (this is true).
*Level 100 Skull Cavern, no food and drink? Heh, Crystalariums with Jade.

So a quick New Year's Eve Eve run to Skull Cavern was initiated. At 11:30am. I got Stairs, ladies, this is no prob. Take 1 Spicy Eel and Triple Shot Espresso to down before heading in. Bunging down Stairs to easily reach 100 by 3:30pm, natch. But...

What did our ever self-defeating Farmer Bobbi forget? Put your guesses below if you want.

Bombs for when the Level 100 run was over.
Also more Eel and Espresso for after Level 100.
But she bought Iridium Cheese. A think happened but really only like 1/4 of the think that was needed.

So typical.

So Bobbi continued sans her things which would have made this run more lucrative and Scccccheeeeeeaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnned back home at 1:40am with the lovey-dovey stick of ever-loving butt saving, the Return Sceptre. The attenuated haul:

SKdummyrun.PNG

Better than nuttin' I suppose.

Can't leave anyone hanging about that Grass Starter, though. The Ostrich Racetrack is mostly done but I feel there's more that can be added but yeah. Not creative. It's a thing. And I forgot to set up a bunch of Pathing I planned out at SDPlanner. Um, the ground was frozen, I needed to wait for Spring!

Bobbi_3-28-2022_4269124a.jpg

PS: no Ostrich yet! :cry:

Last edited:

FairyRing

Farmer
Uh, that's an unusual place for a chair...
annoyingly unusual. Abigail does this sort of thing just to bug me, snickering in the corner when I'm trying to get stuff done.
Ship 500 Qi Fruit. Hmm, I'll try. And failed. OK, maybe never on that.
I hate the Qi fruit one with a passion
the give 5billion(exaggeration) loved items to the villagers in the days allotted was easier and now I'm hoarding rabbits feet for the next time it comes up

no Ostrich yet! :cry:
keep enjoying island life
Ps your ostrich race track is plenty creative.:cookie:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ps your ostrich race track is plenty creative.:cookie:
Thanks! :heart: That means a lot to me!

which rings are you wearing btw?
The poky one is the Immunity Band and the other is an Iridium Band forged with I'm pretty sure another Immunity Band.

And then I have Cinderclown Shoes for more Immunity, but now that I think about it, I should use Dragonscale Boots for more Defense as I have enough Immunity already. Defense is always my downfall in late game as 3 Flying Serpents nibbling my overlarge ears (can't blame them, easy target) as well as Purple Slimes admiring my shoes from close up can be a distracting experience not easily recovered from. In early game Immunity helps my particular flailings in Combat a bit more.

And I should bring Eggplant Parmesan (+3 Defense) instead of Spicy Eel as I have both Eggplant and Tomato on continuous grow in the Greenhouse. Again, the speed buff from TS Espresso is good enough for me and I kind of have trouble navigating with 2 Speed buffs sometimes all the times. I really need dumb Defense the most.

Uh, yeah and to remember the Bombs too. Details...