1.6 Update [ SPOILERS ] New Things I've Found In The Update So Far

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I've been actively looking for any new stuff in 1.6, so here is everything I've found/discovered so far:

(+) We have more cat/dog options, and a new farm type when making a character. (I really like the meadow farm because I love chickens and starting out with a couple is a dream come true for me)

(+) There is a new waterfall in the lower forest area near the Hat House, and on some days a pot of gold appears. (It happened to me after a rainy day and I got a hat along with 250g)

(+) Moss will appear on trees during the summer. (I saw some trees had a strange green texture then used my axe and I got some moss from it)

(+) There is a few new recipes, ones you get super early on are the Signs and the Mushroom Logs. (yay now we don't have to choose between a Fruit or Mushroom cave, we can have whichever we want and still grow both fruit trees and mushrooms regardless)

(+) An ENTIRE new tab that had 'secret' items you can find around the valley, along with a new Book Shop that sometimes appears. (basically the books help upgrade your skills even more beyond what you'd get normally, I recently found a book that gave me a 5% increase on if I get double wood from trees or not)

(+) It actually tells you when you'll get an upgrade on one of your skills. (super useful especially for impatient folks like me who get frustrated from not knowing when we get an upgrade until we fall asleep - though it still doesn't tell us the specific skill that's being upgraded, but hey it's still better than before)

(+) Along with the moss in summer, we can also get GREEN RAIN. (it's basically a moss frenzy and we can even get the cool trees that pop up during that day as new saplings to plant later - pro tip make sure to clear your farm land because I don't know if the weeds become Moss Weeds during the green rain)

(+) We can put hats on our pet(s). (hey it may not be super useful, but it is SO cute to see the cats and dogs wearing all kinds of hats)

(+) Unfortunately, tea saplings have gone down from 500g to 240g apiece. (this means tea saplings are not a good money starter, especially for beginners)

(+) A new fishing event is in the summer, and a sign shows up in the forest area for it. (yeah I just stumbled on it while foraging, pretty cool it's being announced with a sign like this)

(+) Along with regular Mixed Seeds, we can find Mixed Flower Seeds as well. (I love growing flowers but hate wasting Gold on them so this helps a lot)

(( Note: These are just things I've found in the game myself, any other stuff I have heard about but haven't gotten yet so I'm not gonna include them for now. ))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:
(1) Added a few new ones to the list, summer has a LOT of new things (mostly moss which I find pretty cool). I also changed the title to have the prefix for the 1.6 Update, if that helps any.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What stuff have y'all found while playing the new update??

Last edited:

ArtifactSpot

I like waterfalls and bigger houses. Less sheds now lol!

I do miss some early game features from 1.5, and am annoyed they furthered the Mr Qi guy and the perfection track, but mostly good so far. I can’t play long cause my hands don’t use controllers well these days. Most of what I’ve seen is through others play through videos lol. Touch screens and Apple Pencil is how i can play more easily so I’ll see for myself more then 🤩

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I like waterfalls and bigger houses. Less sheds now lol!

I do miss some early game features from 1.5, and am annoyed they furthered the Mr Qi guy and the perfection track, but mostly good so far. I can’t play long cause my hands don’t use controllers well these days. Most of what I’ve seen is through others play through videos lol. Touch screens and Apple Pencil is how i can play more easily so I’ll see for myself more then 🤩
Yeah, I understand why that was expanded on (people love doing 'perfection' tasks after all). But tbh, I am not far enough in the game to do th Mr Qi stuff anyways (on my first file I'm on Year 3 and my current file is solely for the new update but I play SUPER slow) so I have no clue how it's been updated exactly. But the ONE thing I hate is how Tea Saplings are now only 240g apiece instead of 500, just takes away a big money 'cheat' that many recommend to new players.

I hope you can find a better way to play! Maybe get some pads to put on the controller to help with that?

VampireCake

Rancher
I found a prize ticket in a hidden box a bit beyond where the Bookseller sets up.

Also the Magic Hair Gel is awesome. I think it has a very low drop chance to find randomly but Alex sells it at the Desert Festival when he has a booth. Can't decide on a hair colour? Have *all* of them! :cool:

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I found a prize ticket in a hidden box a bit beyond where the Bookseller sets up.

Also the Magic Hair Gel is awesome. I think it has a very low drop chance to find randomly but Alex sells it at the Desert Festival when he has a booth. Can't decide on a hair colour? Have *all* of them! :cool:
Ah, I heard about that being a thing. If I find it, Imma definitely use it.

VampireCake

Rancher
Ah, I heard about that being a thing. If I find it, Imma definitely use it.
It's the same colour cycling effect as on 'prismatic' clothing, it's really nice. I do swap it out for a Fairy Box on Skull Cave runs though, free healing is too good to pass up. 😆

Anyone else spotted a new creature running between bushes? I think it was an anteater.

charmander

Greenhorn
I love fishing so I’m glad there’s an event for it now!

Thanks to this I now know what the “You’ve got some ideas to sleep on…” notification means. I thought it meant something to do with crafting.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I love fishing so I’m glad there’s an event for it now!

Thanks to this I now know what the “You’ve got some ideas to sleep on…” notification means. I thought it meant something to do with crafting.
There already was a winter event (for ice fishing), but that sign I found was brand new so I assume there's a summer version of it now.

Yeah it is SUPER useful to have that pop up now, I hated not knowing because I get so impatient with leveling up my skills.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I am excited about the white cat because I have a white cat named Macha; she is adorable.
I'm really excited about the white and black cats because I lose the orange and yellow ones in the fall grass and I mistake the gray one for a rock. I know you don't lose friendship by swinging a pickaxe at your pet, but it just feels rude.

Macha sounds cute! Do we have a pet photo thread in off-topic?

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
I'm really excited about the white and black cats because I lose the orange and yellow ones in the fall grass and I mistake the gray one for a rock. I know you don't lose friendship by swinging a pickaxe at your pet, but it just feels rude.

Macha sounds cute! Do we have a pet photo thread in off-topic?
I've honestly done the same.

But go ahead and post any pet related pics here if y'all want! Just add them as an attachment, and you'll be good to go. :heart: