[SPOILERS] Linnus Deserves a Home!

Linus likes living the way he does. There's evidence in old game art that Linus was a rich and powerful business man but then he chose to live the life he does now for some reason or another. Players have speculated that maybe Linus saw the damage big business does to the environment or maybe money and power just didn't make him happy so he left it all behind.

Andre

Farmhand
Yeah, if you follow his heart events, at some point the player has the option to offer to build him a house, and he refuses. He lives like he wants to, as an "anarcho-primitivist" of sorts, foraging and living in harmony with nature. I think it's fun that it's hard to accept his choice.

Also, kinda on topic... I think this is a marvelous game because it works so well at exposing our urban neuroses. In the beginning of the game we are stressed out, working at a big company, and you move to the farm. But I bet many, many people here treat their farm just like a big business: hoarding money, living the day to day trying to maximize what you do, building a lot of stuff that'll bring you more and more work every day. My wife plays this game and she gets STRESSED OUT sometimes, and I point out that her character is still under Joja's evil spell.

I think Linus, ladies and gentlemen, is the character that truly, truly managed to beat Joja, completely, and it's even hard to recognize that. Although his solution is extreme, I'll bet he doesn't have any trouble going to sleep, thinking "tomorrow I gotta do this, this, this and that" (like I often hear my wife saying out loud as she tucks her character in bed, often with an item on top of her head also, LOL).

Odin

Staff member
Also, kinda on topic... I think this is a marvelous game because it works so well at exposing our urban neuroses. In the beginning of the game we are stressed out, working at a big company, and you move to the farm. But I bet many, many people here treat their farm just like a big business: hoarding money, living the day to day trying to maximize what you do, building a lot of stuff that'll bring you more and more work every day. My wife plays this game and she gets STRESSED OUT sometimes, and I point out that her character is still under Joja's evil spell.
That's a great way to frame that mindset :)

Boo1972

Farmer
I would love to provide Linus with an upgraded tent or a sheltered eating area to keep the fire going in the rain. Not that the fire appears to go out on rainy days, but even so. He’s saved me a bunch of times In The mine and it would be nice to return the favor.

Kurachi84

Planter
I looked at the wiki, and saw him mostly being too positive about his wild life, so maybe letting his tent have leaves on it, little decoration?
And some newer crates he sits on, maybe? Like hardwood ones?
And i agree with Aine, that he'd be a bit closer with others, which may require some dialogue changes.
I'd suggest something like this after 3 years, when some spoiler related stuff happened, and Linus is a bit more wanted, and got something nice from the player! At year 3 Robin offers some decoration leaves and new crafted crates for him, so that his natural life goes on, but feels a bit more "home" and supported, plus the fact that dialgues will be changing after that, as the villagers noticed the changes, and maybe a few started talking to him, like Kent, Gus, Demetrius, Robin and maybe Penny, and maybe... just maybe even our lone guy Sebastian, as he could feel a little warm about it, even though he's a shut-in!
Lewis could give you a one time compliment about it, and no more spoiler related annoyance at some point, which i think is in Fall, and he's happy about it.
Not too many people in his life, so it's still peaceful, yet he got at least SOME more love, and has fresh equipment, without new things.

Maybe at events his dialogue changes from that day on, so that he doesn't feel pushed back.
Small yet filled with love, i think.