**SPOILERS** I just saw my first train!

What would really be interesting is if the locomotives themselves had different models just like real life, it would cool to see more early industrial locomotives on the nickel plated road.

Tom

Farmer
I played forever never bothering to see the train. Then the first time I dropped what I was doing to rush and see it, I got tons of goodies! The next time I guess it was a no good Joja train. Bleahh. Buzz kill.

It's a random event :)
You could use the predictor if that kind of thing is fun for you.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I think I was setup for disappointment for the rest of my Stardew Valley life. Next train gave me a handful of copper ore, next one a little coal and the last one absolutely nothing. I'm standing there looking at the train going by and thinking "did I pi** off the goddess of SDV?"

Anhaga

Rancher
I think I was setup for disappointment for the rest of my Stardew Valley life. Next train gave me a handful of copper ore, next one a little coal and the last one absolutely nothing. I'm standing there looking at the train going by and thinking "did I pi** off the goddess of SDV?"
That's been my experience so far--I've made it to the train a couple of times, and never gotten more than some coal and wood.