(spoilers) Ginger Island Question

smor145

Sodbuster
I just got to Ginger Island, so no one spoil anything. I fixed up the sleeping hut, so I could spend a couple of nights on the island. Will this affect my relationship with my spouse?

Ereo

Helper
It doesn't matter where you sleep, but every day you don't talk with them your relationship goes down 20 points.

So you probably shouldn't just spend a year there, but a couple of days is nothing a nice gift can't fix.

In case you weren't aware, a loved gift increases your relationship with them by 80 points (at minimum), and talking with them improves it by 20 rather than it decreasing by 20 that day. So if you're away for an extended period, you can calculate how long it'll take to raise it back up to max. Either way it won't ever permanently damage the relationship.

(Example: If you spend a month away, it'll drop 20x28 = 560 points, which is 2 full hearts. Talking to them every day and giving 2 loved gifts per week will mean it'll improve by 7x20=140, 2x80 = 160, 160+140 = 300 per week. There are other ways to improve it and those two loved gifts will make you eligible for one of them but regardless, just doing that means at worst it'll take 2 weeks to get them back up to full.)

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
I would love to be able to bring my spouse and kids with me to the Ginger island farm. It would add a touch of realism. Plus, no relationship decay.
Me too! I mean, my spouse is already there enjoying the sun and I can even give her a cocktail, but she can't walk a few yards back to the hut with me? Aww...come on...it would be great to take a few days off from the main farm and enjoy the island together.