[Spoiler] Mr Qi's Quests

qwerty

Farmhand
One of Mr Qi's quests is to plant 500 Qi beans and I was just wondering what the best way to finish it quickly is.

Should I go into the volcano dungeon and get beans that way or should I just make a ton of seed makers and just grow and replant?

I have only just unlocked the walnut room so I haven't done any of Mr Qi's quests yet.

hexnessie

Farmer
Prepare by planting a lot of trees, which you will chop down (ETA: or just "shake") after you start the quest - they will often drop a seed. It's also worth fishing and fighting some easy monsters (so probably not the Volcano, because it's hard to kill things there in 1 hit).

You can also open some geodes if you have a stack of them.

But in general, yes, you are going to need a lot of seedmakers and planting-harvesting-seedmaking over and over again until you reach the quota. If you plant on the island, and have Deluxe Speed Gro fertilizer in place, you can also switch to the Agriculturalist specialty on the Farming skill (assuming you had Artisan before). DSG + Agriculturalist cut the time needed to grow the bean to just 2 days I think.

It's a nice challenge, one of my favorites.

Phate4569

Planter
Stockpile OmniGeodes (all geodes drop, but omnis also have a chance to drop shards).

Be Fishing - Pirate and use Massive Luck to stockpile Qi Coins and get tons of Magnets.

As soon as you get the quest crack about 500 geodes then go fish for the rest of the day.

Plant all the seeds, they ripen in 4 days. Then feed them into seed makers and replant.

ProTip: Harvest more than you need and sell the extra to Pierre, then buy them back the day after you complete the quest. This way next time the quest comes up you start with an advantage.