[SPOILER ALERT] If I marry to Shane, Can I adopt Jas ?

What do you think?

• Gurl, you crazy again!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Guess what...If I marry to Shane,
I was thinking to have Jas on my farm? Does it sound terrible to you?

I can imagine myself having a girl time with Jas. –I have an extra room for her.
I have a lot of money to spoil her and treat her like a princess. 👸

If you disagree with what I said, I am happy to hear your thoughts.
Feel free to express your disagreement,
Come here and let's have a nice argument.
Have a cup of tea?

mouse

Farmer
If Marnie was caring for Jas in Shane's place than it would have Jas listed as Shanes' sister and not goddaughter.
I don't know what you mean by this part. I just meant that Marnie is listed as the aunt of both Shane and Jas, so they are/could be cousins. No one really talks about this part, only that Shane was a friend of Jas's parents, so I just meant it seemed possible in one reading that Shane was meant to take care of her and Marnie just became her aunt by extension :)

No worries, I'm not trying to step on any head-canons, I just didn't realize that that's what it was! (That would really make that relationship even worse, ick :P ) As far as I'm concerned she's just Aunt Marnie, hehe

Warning: My post is very suggestive. It can be uncomfortable for some people.

I know Marnie is desperate for a man, but I think her relationship with Lewis does not seem right.
Leaving Jas with Marnie made me concern...
Marnie's sex life is not healthy, in my opinion. After observing Jas' toys, I started getting some concerned.
It makes me want to tell Marnie that, "this is not how you get a man in your life."

Sometimes children can witness something they are not supposed to see. I hope she does not get influence by Marnie as she grows older.
I thought of having Jas on my farm so that Shane and I could play the role of man and woman. –of course not doing lewd stuff in front of the children.
So, she could try to learn from us how to have a healthy relationship with a man in the future.

In the dollhouse in Jas' bedroom, the doll representing her grandfather is "wedged under the bed," unlike the rest of the family who is gathered around the dinner table.

Last edited:
On the wiki, Shane's connection has Jas listed as goddaughter.

It is possible that due to Shane's age; he knows who the true mother of Jas is and may understand why Marnie would be deceptive in that sense. He may even know who Jas's father was. It's not something most people now-a-days don't know too much about; since it has become more common place for kids to be born out of wedlock.

I think Jas needs therapy, it's possible she is not Marnie's daughter.
There are a lot of mysteries concerning Jas....

Corvus

Sodbuster
In the Wiki, both Shane and Jas show Marnie as Aunt while Marnie shows Shane and Jas as Nephew and Niece.

Jas and Shane list each other as Godfather and Goddaughter respectively, rather than Cousin, as I'd expect. I'm sure Jas and Shane are not siblings or that would be mentioned.

It may be that the "God" relationship overrides "Cousin," being something you take up on Shane's side, at least. Or it may be that Marnie's husband had a sibling who had a child. That child would still have Marnie as an Aunt (by marriage rather than by blood) but then Jas and Vincent would not be related enough to be Cousins.

In our world a Godparent sponsors the child's baptism. In Stardew Valley there's no telling what adherents of Yoba do.

In the Wiki, both Shane and Jas show Marnie as Aunt while Marnie shows Shane and Jas as Nephew and Niece.

Jas and Shane list each other as Godfather and Goddaughter respectively, rather than Cousin, as I'd expect. I'm sure Jas and Shane are not siblings or that would be mentioned.

It may be that the "God" relationship overrides "Cousin," being something you take up on Shane's side, at least. Or it may be that Marnie's husband had a sibling who had a child. That child would still have Marnie as an Aunt (by marriage rather than by blood) but then Jas and Vincent would not be related enough to be Cousins.

In our world a Godparent sponsors the child's baptism. In Stardew Valley there's no telling what adherents of Yoba do.
I agree.
I must admit that Shane did question a lot about religion in every event.
He did mention something about his name. :happy:
Glad you brought that in the discussion.

Lew Zealand

Helper
While it doesn't immediately seem the age-appropriate thing to do, in such a small community as Pelican Town where your neighbors are close in proximity and relationship, I'd give Jas the choice. And equally, the choice to change her mind at any time. Whatever she likes the best.

Perhaps she is comfortable at Aunt Marnie's and doesn't choose yet another life changing event. Or perhaps she chooses to attempt to have a more traditional 2-parent family where the parents are married, even though they aren't her parents, instead a Godfather (with all the accompanying offers sans refusal) and a friend. Of course there's always adoption which is already extant in the game, should Jas choose the Farmer's family.

And judging from the relative cleanliness of the rest of Marnie's house, Jas could be the only one who knows the secret formula for cleaning Shane's footprints off the Formica.

Edit: OK, here's what I'd really do: Build Jas a furnished House/Shed at the bottom of the Farm, close to the path to Marnie's and that can be her playhouse with her friends or whomever. So she's close enough to choose either place to head home to, depending on what her mood was.

Last edited:

Dr. eeL

Farmer
For a girl with no parents, for the most part, Jas seems well taken care of, especially with Penny's influence. Still, it hurts me to encounter her playing jump rope all by herself in Cindersap Forrest. In my own life, it took many years for me to recover from similar circumstances. I strongly vote for bringing Jas into the farmer's home.

For a girl with no parents, for the most part, Jas seems well taken care of, especially with Penny's influence. Still, it hurts me to encounter her playing jump rope all by herself in Cindersap Forrest. In my own life, it took many years for me to recover from similar circumstances. I strongly vote for bringing Jas into the farmer's home.
I wanna give you a hug, Dr. eel.
I would love to have Jas live with me too.