1.6 Update [Spoiler] A change that negatively affects old saves

Searoam

Greenhorn
As much as I've liked most of the changes and alterations introduced in 1.6, there is one that negatively affects players like myself who routinely play older saves. The recent downsizing of the Slime Hutch's footprint from 11x6 to 7x4 negatively affects the layout of farms that deliberately built around and incorporated the old dimensions into the design plan. Given that the update was supposed to respect legacy saves, it would have made more sense to retain the old dimensions for existing Slime Hutches present in old saves and only introduce the new dimensions to new saves or subsequent new constructions of Slime Hutches in old saves. Shrinking the Hutch is a sensible change to make conceptually, but forcing that change across all saves unilaterally is bound to cause breakage in otherwise complete farm layouts. Just my thoughts.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
As much as I've liked most of the changes and alterations introduced in 1.6, there is one that negatively affects players like myself who routinely play older saves. The recent downsizing of the Slime Hutch's footprint from 11x6 to 7x4 negatively affects the layout of farms that deliberately built around and incorporated the old dimensions into the design plan. Given that the update was supposed to respect legacy saves, it would have made more sense to retain the old dimensions for existing Slime Hutches present in old saves and only introduce the new dimensions to new saves or subsequent new constructions of Slime Hutches in old saves. Shrinking the Hutch is a sensible change to make conceptually, but forcing that change across all saves unilaterally is bound to cause breakage in otherwise complete farm layouts. Just my thoughts.
That’s minor and could be worked around but I see where you’re coming from. Some stuff was changed unintentionally or not which made my gameplay much worse too so agree in part.

I think it’s not super easy to leave the old slime hutches as they were as I’m not sure how that would work but it would have been nice.