Spawning Forageables?

LunaBracer

Cowpoke
I'm a bit newer to modding and thought I'd attempt to make a mod that adds forageable bugs that you can collect and sell. I've got it down to where the inventory sprite works, the description is there, even the category name of bugs shows up correctly. The only thing I'm having trouble with is how to get them to spawn.

The test bug I'm working on is supposed to spawn in the secret woods during the winter with about a 15% spawn chance every day. I've gotten the other things to work through looking at .json files of other mods, but I'm having issue finding a mod that can help me with this, and I can't seem to get a hold of a video that teaches it either. If it helps, I'm trying to do this through Content Patcher and Json Assets. I don't have a program that can unpack and open the .xnb files of the original game to look at, but if anyone has a recommendation, that would be grand too.

As a side question, is the Woods location the secret woods map? Or is that one the cindersap forest? The names of some of the maps are confusing to me.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
If you pick up a mod called Debug mode, you can walk to the location you're interested in, and hit ~ and it will display the official map name and even the exact square your cursor is on (which is needed for some events and items). This should solve the last question at least

You can also ask the person who wrote Farm Type Manager, which is the mod that best does forage content packs. I just sent them a question and follow-up on Nexus, but I think they have a github or discord contact as well.