Spam posts again.

Draconifors

Farmhand
I hate spam so much, and I don't envy mods and admins who have to deal with it. I know from experience that it can be really frustrating and time-consuming, especially when there is new spam every few minutes...

I'll be sure to report any I might see.

My current technique is to report the first one and ignore the sender.
This is a good strategy.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I hate spam so much, and I don't envy mods and admins who have to deal with it. I know from experience that it can be really frustrating and time-consuming, especially when there is new spam every few minutes...

I'll be sure to report any I might see.

This is a good strategy.
Also helps the mods too, you only need to report a single one for mods to notice them all, helps them not be overwhelmed with repeat report messages too

I also usually add a little "reported" comment under the post too which helps more for them not to reported over and over

Draconifors

Farmhand
Also helps the mods too, you only need to report a single one for mods to notice them all, helps them not be overwhelmed with repeat report messages too

I also usually add a little "reported" comment under the post too which helps more for them not to reported over and over
Although I would only send one report per spammer if a saw multiple posts or threads from one, it can be helpful to report all such posts. Speaking from experience here.
It's always an option to simply report the spammer's profile, too.

If more than one person reports a specific post or user profile, all of the reports go in the same report "thread", so commenting like you described is unnecessary and only adds one more post that needs to be removed (although, if it the spam is in a separate thread as the OP, then deleting the spam takes care of the entire thread, including any comments).

There is a spam cleaner tool that allows everything a spammer posted to be deleted in one go, and by default it also permabans the spammer plus auto-resolves any reports about them. It has options for not doing all of the possible actions, too.
I would assume that tool is in use here, and if it is not I would absolutely recommend it. Saves a lot of time.

(I am very familiar with how reporting and spam removal works on a XenForo forum like this one.)

Edit: In the spoilers below is a quick example of what a report handler sees when opening a report about an item that has been reported multiple times. It is all on a single page, and one action resolves the entire "thread" of reports.
1714716641523.png

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Although I would only send one report per spammer if a saw multiple posts or threads from one, it can be helpful to report all such posts. Speaking from experience here.
It's always an option to simply report the spammer's profile, too.

If more than one person reports a specific post or user profile, all of the reports go in the same report "thread", so commenting like you described is unnecessary and only adds one more post that needs to be removed (although, if it the spam is in a separate thread as the OP, then deleting the spam takes care of the entire thread, including any comments).

There is a spam cleaner tool that allows everything a spammer posted to be deleted in one go, and by default it also permabans the spammer plus auto-resolves any reports about them. It has options for not doing all of the possible actions, too.
I would assume that tool is in use here, and if it is not I would absolutely recommend it. Saves a lot of time.

(I am very familiar with how reporting and spam removal works on a XenForo forum like this one.)

Edit: In the spoilers below is a quick example of what a report handler sees when opening a report about an item that has been reported multiple times. It is all on a single page, and one action resolves the entire "thread" of reports.
I also meant reporting the spammer instead of just the post, thanks for all the information though, I had no idea that's how it all worked