1.6 Update Something to Keep in Mind With the New Renovations (Spoilers)

Make sure the area where walls will be altered is clear. Even furniture directly in front of the new walls/doorways have to be moved (see attached images), not just those on the walls that will be removed. I had to go back and forth between my farm and Robin's twice, so I thought I'd give others a heads up.

Attachments

my farmhouse is completely chock full of chests and it was too much effort to move all of them around. At least you can use tools on chests now.
I had three mini fridges tucked in below the cabinets on the original kichen layout that I just knocked away with a pickaxe and shoved back after putting in the dining room. I was glad that worked because emptying them would have taken a while. Fortunately, you can move the fish tanks without emptyong them. ^_^ Otherwise, I just had a bed and some wall decor I had to move.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I had three mini fridges tucked in below the cabinets on the original kichen layout that I just knocked away with a pickaxe and shoved back after putting in the dining room. I was glad that worked because emptying them would have taken a while. Fortunately, you can move the fish tanks without emptyong them. ^_^ Otherwise, I just had a bed and some wall decor I had to move.
Yeah being able to pick up filled fish tanks and dressers especially is a godsend feature. If I had to empty the probably 300 hats in my dresser to move it I’d just accept it as a permanent house feature