Something that bugs me a bit

dundalol

Sodbuster
This is a small detail, but it took me out of the game. In this game, it seems to be put a lot of effort to make things somewhat believable, things that make you part of the world, and not the world built for you. I know that there a lot of counterpoints to this, but lets say that the job is done good enough for this. Then I saw a plane dropping mystery boxes into the valley, and this action just took me out of the game. This event was done specifically for me, for the player. There is no reason that a random plane would drop supplies into this town other than to make ME happy.

Im not mad or going to super debate this. This is just a thought that came into my mind.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
The first time i played the game, i ragequit, because i had been expecting a "slice of (real) life" experience. When i saw "monsters", combat with swords, fortune-teller on TV babbling on about "spirits" and UFOs flying at sleep screen, dropping "strange capsule" on your field... I was kind of shocked, really. What honestly disturbed me though, was a great number of npcs being obnoxious to me, while i was trying to be kind and shower them with gifts. Especially Haley, which reminds me of my 2018 ex (she could be cute and sweet at one time, then quite cynical and rude) and turning me down, at the Festival dance, made me cringe in furious anger. Everybody at first, treats you exactly like an outsider, an errand boy, takes you for granted and tramples on your feelings; that made me feel like a burden, a nobody, who made a big mistake relocating there (the valley).

That was until i decided to swallow my pride and easy to trigger mentality, thinking "this is a game" and "all of this is obsolutely coincidental". I tried to overlook it all, work patiently to get somewhere and achieve something (in-game), strive to earn appreciation from the community and ultimately? I was more than enough rewarded! Everybody warms up to you, sends gifts your way regularly and the unlocked cinematics, settle things way more than right!

You have to give this game at chance! Nothing is what it seems to be, at first sight. It is multi-layered and riddled with complexity, plus feels rewarding. It isn't (too) easy, there is a nice level of challenge into anything you do and the stuff you saw dropping from the airplane? Is quite rare to come by, anyway (plus it requires certain actions, which allow you a small chance to get any). Do not worry, this game will not pamper you! Quite the contrary...

Last edited:

dundalol

Sodbuster
i have qi perfection in year 2, i know what this game is... my point is not if its believable or not, or if its easy or not. My point is that everything makes you feel part of the world, instead of a world made for you, but that plane took me out and made me think "this isnt a thing that happens in this world, this is just for me, the player".

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
i have qi perfection in year 2, i know what this game is... my point is not if its believable or not, or if its easy or not. My point is that everything makes you feel part of the world, instead of a world made for you, but that plane took me out and made me think "this isnt a thing that happens in this world, this is just for me, the player".
Eh not really, a lot of the stuff in the game is very obviously tailored specifically to you, you are so early in the game of course you’re not noticing it. Later on you’ll see the same person who drops those mystery boxes is always watching you and your progress, invites you to his private clubs, etc.

ArtifactSpot

Mr Qi is just plain creepy. He is like the evil alter ego of Santa Claus. He knows when you are sleeping, knows when you’re awake, knows when you’ve been bad or good so be good or else. 😅 He isn’t the make up of the valley, he lives in the valley through extra terrestrial powers. Just ignore him and life in SDV will be much more pleasant and believable. lol.