Some v1.5 Quest and Item Changes

Bilqy

Greenhorn
V1.5 added a lot of things. A lot of it is nice, some are not and others feel like missed potential to me. Okay, on to the list.

Quests
  • Qi's Prismatic Grange tells me to "go find" items that represent different colors, but the list of acceptable items is so small even though a bunch of items have colors defined for them from an earlier update. Cheesing with items like sap already happens, so if that's the issue I'd suggest allowing anything with a defined color and requiring X amount of worth of each color instead.
  • Qi's challenges are seemingly totally random in terms of what shows up. I suggest offering undone quests before rolling the dice, but preventing both of one week's quest options on the next. That way I'd get the Danger in the Deep sooner rather than later and only have to ignore Junimo Kart every other week.
  • "Fresh" items in Qi's Cuisine feel pretty redundant. I suggest having it be 2 progress bars like in most special orders: "cook x worth" and "ship x worth" items. It would give me leeway to cook useful things and sell accumulated less useful things, and not add extra stacks. 100k also feels like a bit too much, maybe drop it to 50k?
  • It would be nice to have an alternative for Island Ingredients in the mainland for the Solar Panel recipe. The special orders board opens up just after summer's end, and would potentially provide the ability to produce more battery packs before storms can occur outside of summer after the first year. Also getting to Ginger Island requires several Battery Packs and the reward produces them, even though alternative methods to obtain them exist.
  • Please improve the original request board with changes such as: adding a deposit box for requested items, completing monster slaying requests on the last kill as well as not requesting me to catch rainy weather fish. 2 days is a tight window and often becomes unreasonable when you factor in locating the NPC in question, open hours and so forth.

Rewards and other v1.5 items:
  • Solar Panels are expensive to make and aren't likely to be available before year 2 when storms can occur outside of summer. Lightning Rods are easy to make and can protect the stuff I grow, so I only made 1 panel for the perfection rating. I would maybe make more at a fifth of the current material cost.
  • Deconstructor doesn't accept metal bars. Please include these.
  • Geode Crusher can't open Golden Coconuts or Artifact Troves. Please include these.
  • Bone Mill doesn't accept some bone items, such as Bone Flute or Bone Sword. Please include these.
  • Being able to turn bone items into Bone Fragments with Recycling Machines or Deconstructors would be cool.
  • Soul Sapper Ring becomes available when energy is not much of an issue. I think it would be better suited for the normal mines.
  • The Powerful pickaxe enchantment feels like a poor man's Swift. Maybe change it to something more like Shaving for axes?
  • 9 slots for Junimo Chest inventory feels so small. I am finding them useful but it would be so nice if the stash was bigger. It's just one stash, anyhow.
  • Hoes can be Swift, but similarly-functioning watering cans can't. I can't imagine a scenario where a Swift hoe would be preferable over the other enchantments, but a Swift watering can could very well be useful enough for daily watering and the volcano dungeon to rival Bottomless.
  • Cookout Kits become available too late for them to be useful to me, and the only practical use I can think of is being able to cook before upgrading the house. Level 9 Foraging is too late, maybe unlock it together with the Survival Burger at level 2 and replace Eggplant with a spring crop?

DesertBoots

Sodbuster
100,000 g for cooking isn't terribly hard, if you are the kind of person who either has $ on hand (wheat to breadsticks, or buy coffee from Gus to make espresso) or actually cooks foods and keeps a kitchen. I go through my pantry and stove and cook all the ingredients I have on hand that make meals that don't make buff meals, especially things like poi or blueberry tarts. I've done the quest twice and finish it in two or three days each time.

I do keep 4 refrigerators in my kitchen (3 add-ons) and have them sorted by fruits, forage and flowers, everything else, and veg. I stack basic level ingredients and sell any qualities as I farm/collect/fish/craft.

This past Summer/Fall I focused on Starfruit and Pumpkins with wheat and sunflowers to fill in especially over the season change. I think I garnered 1000 hay and over 2000 wheat. I've kept it all (the seeds were relatively cheap and then I used seed makers) so ... wheat to breadsticks would have been a solution if I had wanted to do that.