Some General Suggestions

Castiliano

Greenhorn
Hey farmers, hey Eric! After brainstorming with friends, I'm leaving here some suggestions of little things that we really miss in the game!

The option for the Host's Farmhouse in multiplayer can be as small as all other players' houses
Robin's Lost Axe and Linus' Basket appear in random places instead of a pre-defined location
Horse can pass through narrower areas, where players can also pass
A bundle (askin for some meals and ingredients such as sugar, oil, vinegar, coffee...) to be completed in the Community Center kitchen
New artifacts or minerals to complete the Museum tables (there is a total of 102 spaces available for donations to be placed but we just have a total of only 95 items)
These are quite separate, as they involve plans for the game It is totally beyond us, but: Workshop Steam, new achievements and two news weapons: Boomerang and Bow/Arrow
More alien stuff

Anyone who wants to contribute more suggestions of this type can add them in the comments. Thank you!

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I like some of your ideas but a few I think are better the way they are.

for one having extra spaces in the museum means people can organize the museum however they want whenever they want, even once completed. If all the spots were filled players wouldn’t have an option to reorganize and the more free tiles there are, the easier it is.

The coop player farmhouses are only smaller because they would be too large on other parts of the farm (especially with a lot of players and houses). Making it smaller wouldn’t really do much for the player either.

I think the alien stuff is a bit odd in the quantity we have now but I would love some lore on the dwarves and their spacefaring roots.

Castiliano

Greenhorn
The coop player farmhouses are only smaller because they would be too large on other parts of the farm (especially with a lot of players and houses). Making it smaller wouldn’t really do much for the player either.
The suggestion about the house is because our house, as a host, looks different from the others (externally). I think it's a little uncomfortable tbh
So, I would like to choose to have a smaller house similar to that of my other friends.

Last edited:
I like some of your ideas but a few I think are better the way they are.

for one having extra spaces in the museum means people can organize the museum however they want whenever they want, even once completed. If all the spots were filled players wouldn’t have an option to reorganize and the more free tiles there are, the easier it is.

I think the alien stuff is a bit odd in the quantity we have now but I would love some lore on the dwarves and their spacefaring roots.
totally agree with the museum spots...something i finally took time some months ago to make it look more tidy or organized!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The suggestion about the house is because our house, as a host, looks different from the others (externally). I think it's a little uncomfortable tbh
So, I would like to choose to have a smaller house similar to that of my other friends.
I’ve personally never found any annoyance with the different appearances. Maybe the new 1.6 cabin textures would make it nicer for you?
It feels odd to me to change the regular house in that equation though, as files can be interchangeably multi or singleplayer. Maybe larger cabins would suit your suggestion better?

Castiliano

Greenhorn
I’ve personally never found any annoyance with the different appearances. Maybe the new 1.6 cabin textures would make it nicer for you?
It feels odd to me to change the regular house in that equation though, as files can be interchangeably multi or singleplayer. Maybe larger cabins would suit your suggestion better?
I think we are having some problem with language here (English is not my first language). I don't have any problem with the appearance or anything like that — i love all textures, I just don't like the Host's house being different and bigger from everyone else's, as if I'm the boss and and the others were employees. I'm extrapolating the interpretation of this, but it's just how I feel. I understand that there are people who don't feel this way, but I would at least like to have the option of having a house like everyone else's. Just a multiplayer thing

1711220662967.png

I also love organizing by color, but my OCD attacks these empty spaces too much, as if I still have to find artifacts or minerals. ;nerd;
i can relate to that...that's why i can't really get things done. always find something to "optimize" or make it better, instead of just uploading the current state. what helps me then is: hey, it's never perfect, so i have some possibilities to make it better next time.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think we are having some problem with language here (English is not my first language). I don't have any problem with the appearance or anything like that — i love all textures, I just don't like the Host's house being different and bigger from everyone else's, as if I'm the boss and and the others were employees. I'm extrapolating the interpretation of this, but it's just how I feel. I understand that there are people who don't feel this way, but I would at least like to have the option of having a house like everyone else's. Just a multiplayer thing

View attachment 19992
Fair enough, I thought you wanted all the houses to be the same because of appearance as otherwise there isn’t really any difference between them.

Hey farmers, hey Eric! After brainstorming with friends, I'm leaving here some suggestions of little things that we really miss in the game!

The option for the Host's Farmhouse in multiplayer can be as small as all other players' houses
Robin's Lost Axe and Linus' Basket appear in random places instead of a pre-defined location
Horse can pass through narrower areas, where players can also pass
A bundle (askin for some meals and ingredients such as sugar, oil, vinegar, coffee...) to be completed in the Community Center kitchen
New artifacts or minerals to complete the Museum tables (there is a total of 102 spaces available for donations to be placed but we just have a total of only 95 items)
These are quite separate, as they involve plans for the game It is totally beyond us, but: Workshop Steam, new achievements and two news weapons: Boomerang and Bow/Arrow
More alien stuff

Anyone who wants to contribute more suggestions of this type can add them in the comments. Thank you!
Great ideas. I love all except "More alien stuff"... I would rather like to see "more Wizard stuff/stories". :cool:

With the workshop stuff it would mean that the game would have to get a better launcher to allow people to manage mods better also it's more work for the mod devolpers as you have to code in stuff like content patcher yourself

Castiliano

Greenhorn
With the workshop stuff it would mean that the game would have to get a better launcher to allow people to manage mods better also it's more work for the mod devolpers as you have to code in stuff like content patcher yourself
I did not know that. Don't Starve Together have a Steam Workshop and everything seems simpler there, even for modders!

I did not know that. Don't Starve Together have a Steam Workshop and everything seems simpler there, even for modders!
It's much easier if a game goes directly to workshop but seen how SMAPI is already set up it would be a lot of work for modders to convert and many of them wouln't
Steam Workshop is Steam exclusive. So you cant use such with other shops like GOG.com - which I use.
But in general I would like to see a GUI for SMAPI to easier switch mods on or off, or even more: choose the loading order.