Creator Response Some Feedback and Questions

ILikeClouds

Newcomer
Hiya. Loving the game.

The board has a *lot* of miniature cards. I'd recommend making the box bigger to include a second tile tray for event cards, seasonal tiles, hearts, etc. That way we don't have to get several snack sized bags to organize things after opening the packs.

Because this game is up to 4 players, why are there only 4 stone included in the box? What do you do when the game says to collect 2 but there are none available?

Also, for gift abilities like craft a staircase, do you need the supplies to do so or not?

Last edited:

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Thanks you for the feedback! We're considering some improvements that may help with these issues in the future...

Stone should be treated as non-component limited, meaning you can find more than is included in the game. Use discarded stone tiles from forageables or some other way to track additional stone (not the most elegant :sweat: We may improve this also)

For that ability, you do not need the resources, it's suppose to be a free descend in the mines.

Valimure

Tiller

This one also got posted on Board Game Geek not too long ago.

Ianl

Greenhorn
Stone should be treated as non-component limited, meaning you can find more than is included in the game. Use discarded stone tiles from forageables or some other way to track additional stone (not the most elegant :sweat: We may improve this also)
Are there any other resources like this? like, for example, are ore also “infinite” and not limited by supply? Is there a reference somewhere to know which are/aren’t limited by component supply? Thanks! Loving this game, even when we lose!

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Stone is the only one from the Resource Supply tray that should not be component limited. Hearts and Gold are also not component limited (this is in the rulebook but sometimes missed). There was a point at which I didn't think the stone limit would be an issue, but at higher player counts especially it can prove to be a problem and it just doesn't make thematic sense either.

Ianl

Greenhorn
Stone is the only one from the Resource Supply tray that should not be component limited. Hearts and Gold are also not component limited (this is in the rulebook but sometimes missed). There was a point at which I didn't think the stone limit would be an issue, but at higher player counts especially it can prove to be a problem and it just doesn't make thematic sense either.
Thanks, that’s very clear! Yeah, we were running into it in a four-player game last night on a mine map that had double stone on it and multiple people exploring the mine each day. Hadn’t thought to dig into the foraging discard/previous seasons’ stone, though — that’ll likely keep us from running out all together in the future. Cheers!

Gewitsch

Greenhorn
Hello Cole,

after playing several sessions with the tabletop simulator I am asking you to reconsider this decision. You are practically making the iridium hoe useless. I am playing 2 player games and if you get hoe to iron or gold you will most likely buy seeds and stack as much as you can. Sometimes you have to save ressources and therefore crop tiles for the community center.The same goes with animals, but is not that of an obvious case, because animals are less used. So please reevaluate your decision and think about 8-12 tiles for crop tiles and maybe 6-8 animal tiles.
I wanna buy the game even it is in english and you would charge a higher price.

Thank you very much.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Hello Cole,

after playing several sessions with the tabletop simulator I am asking you to reconsider this decision. You are practically making the iridium hoe useless. I am playing 2 player games and if you get hoe to iron or gold you will most likely buy seeds and stack as much as you can. Sometimes you have to save ressources and therefore crop tiles for the community center.The same goes with animals, but is not that of an obvious case, because animals are less used. So please reevaluate your decision and think about 8-12 tiles for crop tiles and maybe 6-8 animal tiles.
I wanna buy the game even it is in english and you would charge a higher price.

Thank you very much.
Hmm...are you planting all your crops and not watering them or something?

Gewitsch

Greenhorn
Hmm...are you planting all your crops and not watering them or something?
No that is definetly not the issue.
When you go to Pierre, you wanna do as much out of this action as possible. So you will sell all the items you can afford to sell and then you buy as much as possible. When you use the hoe, every player can get those stacks when the water the plant action is used. So it is quite easy to have 1 or 2 Crops in players inventory and then at Pierres you would be limited by the 4 crop tile restriction.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
This is an interesting point. So you're saying that 4 of each crop is not enough, because you want to be able to stack more (via the Hoe) into each field slot, when it comes to Community Center related tasks?

Gewitsch

Greenhorn
@Colito
I will explain it in detail.

The person with the hoe is the one to visit pierre in order to ensure maximal planing.
I always try to plan when the furthest 3-4 tiles are empty. Rarely I do it for 2 and only in special case when 1 slot is empty.

Why are people saving the crops?
1) Make a friend needs crops. So the 2 Gold crops are best for that and the others for selling.
2) The CC like other places should always be visited when you have several hearts and possible items for it. So you are saving crops, because you do not know whether this season is needed or not.

With the Hoe (Iron+) you create a situation where one watering can give one player three or more crop tiles.
So when enough empty spaces are ready to be filled you encounter the problem that another player has those crops and you want to plant a lot.
I have not much experience for 4 player games, but in this scenario the game would have serious problems.

I hope I could make my point clear enough.