Component Storage

Valimure

Tiller
Could have sworn I saw a thread about this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared.

With a game that includes so many pieces I was kind of surprised that there's not an organized tray of some kind for storing all of the different cards and tiles included in the box.

Any chance of this being added for future prints of the game, or at the very least small storage bags that fit the cards?

For now, I just feel bad chucking such beautiful artwork into sandwich sided ziploc baggies! 🤣

Lavakatana

Farmhand
Could have sworn I saw a thread about this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared.

With a game that includes so many pieces I was kind of surprised that there's not an organized tray of some kind for storing all of the different cards and tiles included in the box.

Any chance of this being added for future prints of the game, or at the very least small storage bags that fit the cards?

For now, I just feel bad chucking such beautiful artwork into sandwich sided ziploc baggies! 🤣
For games like this with a bunch of tiles and such, I use the simple fishing tackle boxes from walmart. Keeps it organized pretty well, I loved making the switch to a tackle box for spirit island.

LRangerR

Local Legend
For games like this with a bunch of tiles and such, I use the simple fishing tackle boxes from walmart. Keeps it organized pretty well, I loved making the switch to a tackle box for spirit island.
I was gonna like this post until you said waljojamart.

Just out of curiousity, how much tablespace does the game take up?

HarmB

Cowpoke
Looking to get something for this ASAP. It seems like they included only part of a solution, the tray is nice, but it seems like we could use another one for the seasonal stuff, plus a way to organize all the cards.

tbowne85

Tiller
I'm hoping for an insert from either e-Raptor or, more preferably because they're much cheaper, Folded Space.

I've already sent Folded Space a request for an inlay and you can all do the same by clicking here and choosing "Others" and then typing in "Stardew Valley The Board Game" ^^
I just submitted a request as well. I'd you happen to see a good third party insert or elegant storage solution, can you post it on here?

ConraDargo

Tiller
Y
I just submitted a request as well. I'd you happen to see a good third party insert or elegant storage solution, can you post it on here?
Yeah absolutely! I'll keep an eye out for anything and post here if/when I find something :D

Also, there's always Feldherr's foam trays where you pick and pluck out your own compartments. Though slightly better suited for something that also contains miniatures, they definitely work fine for tiles and cards as well!

HarmB

Cowpoke
Y

Yeah absolutely! I'll keep an eye out for anything and post here if/when I find something :D

Also, there's always Feldherr's foam trays where you pick and pluck out your own compartments. Though slightly better suited for something that also contains miniatures, they definitely work fine for tiles and cards as well!
I contacted eRaptor, they're interested in it, but currently busy so no timeline as to when they could get to it.

I also put in a request with Folded Space.

I'm thinking either will need a copy of the game though. Both are in Europe so it seems kind of unlikely they bought in the first batch because there was no international shipping(not discounting possibility of reshippers of course).

Valimure

Tiller
I'm hoping for an insert from either e-Raptor or, more preferably because they're much cheaper, Folded Space.

I've already sent Folded Space a request for an inlay and you can all do the same by clicking here and choosing "Others" and then typing in "Stardew Valley The Board Game" ^^
Yeah I'm hoping eventually people who actually know what they're doing will come up with some trays to 3D print. I made a very, very crude model because I don't know the program all too well but it should get the job done.

ConraDargo

Tiller
Yeah I'm hoping eventually people who actually know what they're doing will come up with some trays to 3D print. I made a very, very crude model because I don't know the program all too well but it should get the job done.
Oh totally, for sure that it'll happen eventually! If not now with the first print-run being fulfilled, since it went so quickly, then for sure in upcoming ones. I'm positive that there's someone among us who is planning on creating an insert that can be printed! ^^

(I'll keep a close eye on Thingiverse and let you all know if something pops up there)

Odin

Staff member
Hmm, you're right. I don't know where that thread went, or why.
The person that person that posted that one deleted it, saying they got their answers. Sometimes people don't consider they're not going to be the only one to have a specific question or they think keeping a thread up is "taking up space" when it fact removing it can throw off other people who had started a discussion there.

ConraDargo

Tiller
And now we already have something because of the quick people at BoardGameGeek! Looking really good, I must say! 🤩

svtbg-1.jpg

And here is yet another one, that can even be bought straight off Etsy - for those lacking a printer!

svtbg-2.jpg

ConraDargo

Tiller
These are really nice. Sadly shipping is over $50 for me in the US.
Yeah Etsy is probably better suited for Europeans ><' But maybe you could make use of those printer files on Thingiverse by taking them to someone with a printer, or have som US company print them for you?

tbowne85

Tiller
Yeah Etsy is probably better suited for Europeans ><' But maybe you could make use of those printer files on Thingiverse by taking them to someone with a printer, or have som US company print them for you?
I'll just wait for something more affordable to come on sale. For now I'm just using rubber bands (don't judge 😄).

boarddad

Greenhorn
And now we already have something because of the quick people at BoardGameGeek! Looking really good, I must say! 🤩

View attachment 4529

And here is yet another one, that can even be bought straight off Etsy - for those lacking a printer!

View attachment 4530
This is awesome. Time to fire up the 3D printer! Now just need some cute farmer minis.

Yeah, I have used Tackle Boxes. I have also found Hobby Lobby has some good stuff. Sometimes they label it as Colored Pencil Cases, which I found super useful for TI4 organization.

Last edited: