Some Advanced Tips

Shart

Planter
These tips are not new (especially for min/max-ers) but I rarely saw any of these tips posted anywhere other than the wiki.
Note that I wrote this for version 1.4, it may or may not change in the future versions.

1. Deluxe speed gro + wheat trick
If you plant wheat and fertilize it in the summer and you don't harvest it until fall, the tile remains fertilized after harvesting it (also remains watered if you have sprinkler nearby).
Let's say you have agriculturist profession and you use deluxe speed gro to plant starfruit in the summer. You can plant the starfruit on Summer 1st, then replant it on Summer 9 and 17. Then on Summer 25 you replace the starfruit with wheat, replant the wheat on Summer 27 (if you're too lazy you don't need to harvest it and let it remain fully grown) and then harvest it on the 1st of Fall. By doing this, not only will you get wheat but also you don't need to fertilize the tile again (the deluxe speed gro don't disappear from the tile).

2. You can put items (kegs/ chest/ jars/ crystalarium etc) outside your farm
My farm is filled with crops and I personally don't like building sheds in my farm, so I put my kegs and jars outside. Make sure the items you place outside don't block NPCs' path or else it will get destroyed. Use the link below to see where it's safe to place the items.

3. Changing profession
Once you get the access to sewer (by donating 60 artifacts/minerals), you can change your profession anytime and however many times you want as long as you pay 10k.
The most useful is changing profession from artisan to agriculturist and vice versa.
You only need to have agriculturist for the 1st day of planting your seed to have the full 10% faster effect.

I will use ancient fruit as example to explain this:
Without fertilizer or agriculturist you can only get maximum of 8 harvests in a year. With speed gro/deluxe speed gro/ agriculturist, you can get 9 harvests. With deluxe speed gro AND agriculturist, you can get one extra harvest (10 total) in a year.
Let's say you change profession on Winter 28 from artisan to agriculturist. You then plant ancient fruit with deluxe speed gro on Spring 1. On spring 2, you go to the sewer and change your profession back to artisan again. The first ancient fruit will be ready to harvest by Spring 20 instead of 23 if you don't have agriculturist perk.
Please note that you need to wait 1 day after changing back to artisan if you want to get the extra 40% price increase (in this example you can start selling your artisan items on spring 3 because you changed on spring 2)

Another useful one is changing foraging profession. Normally gatherer-botanist profession is the choice for me (and most people too), but once or twice a year I would change profession to forester-lumberjack to cut down all trees everywhere for extra hardwoods. When I'm done cutting down every trees I would go back to botanist profession and wait 1 or 2 more seasons for the trees to fully grow back and do it again.

4. Item processing time
From 6am-2am 1 ingame hour = 60mins
From 2am-6am 1 ingame hour = 100mins
This means 1 day in stardew is 1600mins (20*60+4*100=1600) instead of 1440mins (24*60=1440)

Some implications from this:
Your wine will be ready after 6days+6hours+40mins instead of 7days
Your diamond crystalarium will be ready after 4days+13hours+20mins instead of 5days
and so on

5. Bug with tapper and bee house
You can read the details here:
TLDR: It's better to harvest resin/syrup/tar as late as possible (better to harvest it at night than morning) due to this bug.
Pine tar and honey are the ones that affected by this the most. It may add 1 extra day of processing if you harvest these too early

Example with honey:
You harvest honey on Summer 1st 6am, the next batch will be ready on Summer 5th 6am (4 days of processing).
If you harvest it on Summer 1st at 3pm the next honey will be ready on Summer 4th 10pm (3days).
If you harvest it on Summer 1st 1am, the next one will be up on Summer 4th 3:20pm (also 3 days).
The earliest time you can harvest your honey while still having 3 days of processing time is 10am (your next honey will be ready Summer 4th 1:20am)

6. Unused kegs/ jars
If you have unused kegs/jars because you have nothing to put into them, you can buy coconut/ cactus fruit/ honey at the oasis on Monday/ Tuesday/ Friday and process those.
For unused kegs, the most profitable is processing honey into mead. For jar, it is coconut into coconut jelly.