Windows Some 25% Profit Margin Pricing Errors, and Balancing Ideas

Zazen

Greenhorn
I thoroughly enjoy the difficulty and grind of 25% Profit Margin. However, I have noticed some definite, and possible, pricing errors. Most appear at Pierre's, which has forced my character to shop at Joja Mart (*gasp!* The horror!), as the items are priced properly, though of course more expensively. The items I've noticed include Pierre's cooking ingredients, sunflower seeds, and I imagine fertilizers and grass starters, though I'm not certain if this was intentional. Also there may be some error with the Joja Cola and J. Cola Light pricing at Joja Mart.

This made me then wonder further if foods and recipes at Gus' are improperly priced...
I suspect the recipes are intentionally high prices, giving them more value in a sense. The foods he serves seem to be prohibitively high to me though, and in my opinion ought to be matched with the game profit margin.

My understanding is the price drops that match the profit margin are supposed to be for anything you sell, except fishing gear you make (I don't know if that's intended. Something I read online.)
But for purchasing it is strictly for seeds and cooking ingredients.

I noticed ores and building materials were not affected.

It would make sense to me for building materials, foods, and perhaps ores, to be price reduced with the profit margin. Why? Simple balancing. IMO.
The high prices of building materials, food, and ores makes them prohibitively expensive, especially in the beginning of the game.
There is no reason whatsoever to go to Robin for some extra supplies, or to Gus to fuel up for the evening, or to have Clint help you upgrade. For Clint to upgrade you to a copper axe, for example, would cost $2000, and an additional $1875 for 25 copper ore at $75 a piece, if you want him to do all the work.
With a 25% profit margin, this works out to an equivalent of $15, 500 grand total, $8000 if you find and smelt the ore yourself.

The sorts of items that are NOT affected by profit margin drops are: recipes of all sorts, furniture (including wallpaper, flooring and paths) and, weapons, and tool upgrades.
And this makes sense: to make them all the sweeter.

However, like I stated above, IMO, building materials, ores, food and drinks, should be margin matched.
One question I'm not sure of... is whether bobbles and gear for your fishing rod should be margin matched... both in purchase and selling. I don't really have the experience as I haven't used them yet.

Opinions and comments are welcome!
To say the least, I hope Pierre's cooking ingredient and seed pricing errors get fixed up :)

Attached are some screenshots with examples I've discovered.
I can get more at request.

*Note: Gus does not have a recipe for cookies here. My character does not know it yet. Yet, on the wiki it is stated as a 'permanent' recipe. Is the game, or wiki at fault here?

Attachments