Solved [SOLVED] Special Orders Board Blank

I have been playing Stardew Valley on the switch for quite a while now and am on Year 8. This bug started to happen to me a long time ago (year 4, maybe?) and has been present ever since:

I have already completed every special order type at least once. However since year 4 a new message has never shown up. The board has a ‘!’ appearing constantly, but when I click on it, both quests are blank (see attached picture).

The only other time I see this bug appearing on this website is due to some mod (QF). But since I’m playing on Switch, there are no mods.

This bug isn’t ruining my experience of the game (I’ve still got the normal Help Wanted quests and Qi Quests), but is something I thought I would flag to see if it could be fixed/if anyone else had this issue.

Attachments

While this post didn't get too much traction, I just wanted to give an update as I finally figured out what caused the issue! So I don't usually accept the quests when I complete them, and instead just leave the reward uncollected in my journal. Turns out that the recurring quests from the Special Order board won't reappear until you accept the reward!

Probably a super niche issue which I know was caused by myself! Just glad I realised!

Shazbaz

Newcomer
THANK YOU!!! I just started winter of my 2nd year and this is only the third week that the issue has been going on, but I am SO glad that I have it caught before it went on too long! Now that I know what causes this, I think I'll actually be able to use this to my advantage. By only cashing in a specific reward each week I think I can force the game to only give me the quest I want. It may not have been a super frequent issue, but know that your post did help someone!