Solved [SOLVED] Change of behavior with hay hopper

hobotron

Greenhorn
Yesterday, post-patch to 1.5, I attempted to remove hay from the hopper in my deluxe barn. Since the feeding bench was full, I used a bomb to remove some of it. I then went to the hopper and proceeded to hold down right-click. Previously, this would have continuously dispensed hay in the quantity of what was missing from the bench. Now, it simply picked up N hay, then put N hay back in the hopper.

So, I did what anyone would naturally do: built a brand-new basic barn with no animals in it. At first, this worked exactly as expected, in that it would continuously dispense hay into my inventory which I could then store in a chest. However, returning on a subsequent day, this barn is now exhibiting the same behavior as described for the deluxe barn.

hobotron

Greenhorn
It's worth noting that when holding down the right mouse button, the counter for hay in the bottom left continually increases, but the amount withdrawn and then put back into the hopper is only one, so should be a series of 0,1,0,1,0...

Rysau

Newcomer
I have had this happen (pre-1.5-update) when I am taking hay into my active tool slot. When I switched to another tool and continued drawing from the hopper, this solved the issue for me. Hopper is built to take extra hay from inventory as well as provide hay to fill the feed trays. Maybe check that this isn’t what is happening to you?

hobotron

Greenhorn
I have had this happen (pre-1.5-update) when I am taking hay into my active tool slot. When I switched to another tool and continued drawing from the hopper, this solved the issue for me. Hopper is built to take extra hay from inventory as well as provide hay to fill the feed trays. Maybe check that this isn’t what is happening to you?
Oh, wow. Yeah. Do I feel dumb. I didn't even think of that. :bored:

Thank you very much. I'll mark this resolved.