So... How did you discovered Stardew Valley ?

Bacchus

Cowpoke
Just like LRangerR, I can't remember either, I think my brother may have suggested it.

However, I do know I somehow had in on PC first and thought while starting it that it would be awesome on Switch so held off till it was released on that.
So glad I did.

Bawby

Planter
I had just finished Harvest Moon on Switch Online and wanted more. Looked up "games like Harvest Moon" and found a game that was praised for being more HM that what HM games had become. Now, I don't know about that, but as for what I was looking for, yeah...not disappointed!

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
My husband got me into it. But it wasn’t until I found it on mobile and could play it with my aching and stiff hands much easier and longer that I really got into it. Now I play all the time and post on these forums and my husband chuckles cause he started the addiction lol!

Since 1.6 I play mobile mostly but keep trying on steam deck so I can explore 1.6. But my hands cramp easily and go numb and can only play very short times. I have made it to year two finally. I am doing very crappy but I can still enjoy some stuff. I found that item I’d glitch wasn’t patched so I can make some money that way. And before haters pop on CA allows it and says have fun with it at the shrine of illusions and it’s the only way I can make do with my disability. I just use it to have money on hand and for magic rock candy’s so I can survive the mines with my bad hands and controls I’m not used to (mobile does everything for you.) I’m so looking forward to its mobile release so I can fully enjoy it. I just pray CA doesn’t take away Apple Pencil abilities from it cause that’s what helps me be able to play more normally like people without fibromyalgia.

My husband's Steam library is INSANE, has been since we got together. During 2020, we were both laid off and bored, we exhausted Civ VI, the Sims 4 (it would help if it wasn't a buggy mess upon having several children and if the pets didn't wreck everyone's pathing), Hearthstone, our emulator games, and several others, so we were looking for something else to occupy our time. He was clicking through games, I'd be like, "eh," or, "ooh," then we got to a very charming pixel game called Stardew Valley and I was like, "tell me about this, please." He explained it to me, we watched the trailer, and I was like, "is it co-op?!" much to our dismay, at that time Stardew didn't have co-op capabilities (nor were we in the loop to know that 1.5 would be out a few months later with the additon of co-op and more content), but I didn't care, I wanted to watch him play it anyway, and I was not at all disappointed. About a year later we picked it up again after we caught wind of co-op and made it about halfway through year 4 before we got burnt out--we didn't even get a single prismatic shard the entire time, smh. I have a perfection farm that I completed last year, and we've gotten to year 4 on our new co-op farm for 1.6. This game has me hooked like no other game has since I was a child gifted Pokemon Sapphire on my 9th birthday. It's almost embarrassing how much I love Stardew Valley and I still can't get over the fact that a single guy created the whole thing himself! I just hope he never sells out; it would be such a tragedy.

Draconifors

Farmhand
I first found out about the game when a good friend of mine was playing it probably shortly after its release. It didn't sound particularly interesting to me back then, but I eventually changed my mind and bought the game to try it out. A good decision.

CA's little Farming game that could is up there with the big boys in the top 25 all time and still selling.
That's a super massive achievement. I knew the game was really popular, but not quite that popular. I don't wonder why that is, though.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Won't happen. Top selling video games, all time:

View attachment 22575

CA's little Farming game that could is up there with the big boys in the top 25 all time and still selling. He's selling to us, not any big company.
Yes a marvelous achievement! Even more so for an indie developer!

p.s. as a side note wonder if i could still find an original duck hunt gun still today. That game was so much fun growing upz!

GDawney

Sodbuster
My husband got me into it. But it wasn’t until I found it on mobile and could play it with my aching and stiff hands much easier and longer that I really got into it. Now I play all the time and post on these forums and my husband chuckles cause he started the addiction lol!
I understand completely. I started playing on mobile and it took a LONG TIME for me to enjoy the game on PC. I had over 600 hours on my mobile game and then my tablet bit the dust and Poof! it all went up in a viral puff. My personal take on the game is that you play you. Relax, have fun. Your fun is going to be different from my fun.

GDawney

Sodbuster
I don't remember how I first heard about Stardew, but I do remember thinking "what a bore". It was probably another year before I actually downloaded it and played. I started out on mobile, and had many 1 and 2 year farm before I hunkered down on one save and really got into it. Loved playing on mobile. Transferred many a save to a new tablet. I had over 600 hours on my farm, Year 10 as I remember when my table was eaten by a virus and the only way to recover was to factory reset it. I was devastated. I have since switched to playing on the PC where I have 5 or 6 saves, some SVE and some vanilla. I started a new farm with the 1.6 update, but quickly switched back to my year 2 and 3 farms. Yes, I play modded. And sometimes I cheat very hard. Sometimes I play straight vanilla and do all the grinding myself. But I play the game to relax and I prefer to "cheat" as it were. Eventually I'll try a co-op game.

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
well, back then when it said it was published with Chuchlefish, I was a HUGE fan of Starbound (game by Chucklefish) that was one reason I found it, but the other one is that a friend of mine let me play it on they're phone,