PC Snake spines stardew valley not spawning?

Insonia

Greenhorn
It as almost been a full year and i go to the island west side almost everyday trying to see if the artifact spot for catching this artifact is there, i never found one... Idk what else to do cause i really want the ostrich incubator. Help me :( im only missing those 2 artifacts...

Ereo

Helper
Have you never gotten any artifact spots or did you get some, but they didn't have the snake spine?

They seem very rare. To raise your chances, you might consider not growing any crops and keeping the farm area free of debris to maximize chance of the spots spawning. I'm not sure if it works that way, but I could imagine that if the field selected for the artifact spot already has something on it they won't spawn. Maybe someone who knows how the code works can comment on that theory.

If you do find spots, it helps to open them in the morning and restart the day if they don't contain the item you want. They often stay overnight and the next day, there will be something else in them.

imnvs

Local Legend
It took me a while too, and Winterwolke was lucky, let me just start there. From the wiki:
The primary limit on the chance of artifact spots appearing is the fraction of map tiles that are valid locations
So, as @Ereo said, you want to clear out all junk and then leave as much of the map open as possible to increase the chances that artifact spots spawn. You want to also make sure to dig all artifact spots daily, and then use your pickaxe on the spot you dug so that it is again tillable and a valid spawn location. This will increase your chances, but there is still a lot of luck involved.

Good luck!

Insonia

Greenhorn
It took me a while too, and Winterwolke was lucky, let me just start there. From the wiki:So, as @Ereo said, you want to clear out all junk and then leave as much of the map open as possible to increase the chances that artifact spots spawn. You want to also make sure to dig all artifact spots daily, and then use your pickaxe on the spot you dug so that it is again tillable and a valid spawn location. This will increase your chances, but there is still a lot of luck involved.

Good luck!
thx a loot ^^

um yeah i need snake spines actually there called snake vertebraes you can actually find them on the beach bit not just the farme and i wasted a month panning for the tail any tips

dubesor

Farmhand
I had the same issue on my main file. Took me about 1 ingame-year (with daily checking!) at first to find the 2nd vertebrae. On my other file I found both within like 2 in-game weeks.

What helps is:
- keep all the tillable soil free of stuff. (the orange-brown tiles). No machines, no crops placed anywhere on them! And then also remove all the spawned stuff that occupies those tiles.
- then every day first thing in the morning check for artifact spots in the western area. Then if you find an artifact spot dig it, and if it's not a vertebrae: immediately quit to title and reload. This time play normally and don't dig the spot! The artifact spot has a (high) chance to carry over into the next day with other content. Repeat this every day.
- Reskill to Gatherer>Tracker so that you won't miss any artifact spots. You can do that at the statue in the sewers.

LRangerR

Local Legend
um yeah i need snake spines actually there called snake vertebraes you can actually find them on the beach bit not just the farme and i wasted a month panning for the tail any tips
It's because snakes don't have a spine!
Oh wait we're not talking about people here. Dern slither ins

(ps- best name.)

FIX: pave your entire island. It's tedious and ridiculous but if you lay paths everywhere that worms can spawn (beach, cove, sandy area by museum tent and volcano) they'll spawn on the west side. I waited like 2 years without getting any and then got them the next two days when it was all paved.

imnvs

Local Legend
FIX: pave your entire island. It's tedious and ridiculous but if you lay paths everywhere that worms can spawn (beach, cove, sandy area by museum tent and volcano) they'll spawn on the west side. I waited like 2 years without getting any and then got them the next two days when it was all paved.
This isn't how it works. Each area of the island spawns artifact spots on their own. Paving the rest of the island doesn't increase the chances of getting an artifact on the west side, nor does it increase the chances that an artifact spot will give the vertebrae needed. I'm afraid what happened to you was just coincidence.