SMAPI won't install, DotNet error

Mr_Jakob99

Farmhand
I manage the mods for me and my girlfriend, and the first time installing everything worked flawlessly (that was like 4 months ago). Now I wanted to update to the newest version of SMAPI 3.18.3 and SMAPI won't install, giving out a DotNet error in the cmd window. I only have this photo of the screen (because I'm currently not with her):
1681716598629.png

She's on Windows 11 and my normal environment is Ubuntu Linux... and I had no problem installing the new update on my pc.
So I went and tried installing the dotnet stuff, but it still did not work. But then again, Windows is a quite foreign environment for me (with Windows 11 even more), so maybe it was not the right thing I installed.
When I searched online for answers, all I got were links to this section of the smapi help website. I reinstalled Stardew Valley and it still did not change anything.

Did some of you had the same error and could give me a link to the right website where I can download the right needed program?
Or is it possibly something else I'm missing?
Thanks in advance!

I manage the mods for me and my girlfriend, and the first time installing everything worked flawlessly (that was like 4 months ago). Now I wanted to update to the newest version of SMAPI 3.18.3 and SMAPI won't install, giving out a DotNet error in the cmd window. I only have this photo of the screen (because I'm currently not with her):

-image snipped-

She's on Windows 11 and my normal environment is Ubuntu Linux... and I had no problem installing the new update on my pc.
So I went and tried installing the dotnet stuff, but it still did not work. But then again, Windows is a quite foreign environment for me (with Windows 11 even more), so maybe it was not the right thing I installed.
When I searched online for answers, all I got were links to this section of the smapi help website. I reinstalled Stardew Valley and it still did not change anything.

Did some of you had the same error and could give me a link to the right website where I can download the right needed program?
Or is it possibly something else I'm missing?
Thanks in advance!
I'm on Linux too, but the error looks like she's missing Dotnet5, or a specific gamefile called "System.Private.Xml.dll"; which the installer is requesting.
You might want to have her check the game files for that file: System.Private.Xml.dll
SteamDB shows it's a vanilla game file on Windows as well. Though, I know you mentioned you had her reinstall SDV; so it should be there. But, definitely odd.

I know you mentioned everything working flawlessly before. Could also just be a bug in the new SMAPI; as it's still technically in beta being that it's only on Nexus at the moment.

Y'all could try bypassing the installer, and do a manual install per the readme:
----------
Or, do you know which Dotnet you had her install?
Dotnet 5 is here:

But, the Desktop version is probably the best choice for her:

Mr_Jakob99

Farmhand
Thanks for your answer, I already had installed the links you sent me. But you mentioning that the 3.18.3 is a beta made me skeptical. I tried to install it manually now and some files that I should copy were missing in the folders. So I just went and used the 3.18.2 version and it instantly worked. Seems to be a problem of the new version after all!

Thanks again for the help!