Issue SMAPI causing lag, even with mods removed

Saturnaliia

Farmhand
Hi all!
Wondering if anyone has a solution on this, or could look at my log and see if there's something I'm missing.
I've noticed that when playing after this most recent update that sometimes, every 5-10 seconds or so, I will experience a severe FPS drop and lag. Fishing is difficult as the drop is so hard and lasts so long that it causes the bobber to drop entirely to the bottom, and when fighting monsters, it allows them to get a couple hits in before the frames return.
I've tried to move certain mods to my desktop and re-run to no improvement. Then I moved all mods to the desktop and ran SMAPI and experienced the same lag - no worse or better. After that, I ran the regular Stardew launcher and experienced no lag.
I just re-installed the newest SMAPI update but that didn't change anything. SMAPI warns me about Afterburner, but it's not open/on.

If anyone can offer any insight, that would be amazing! Here's my log: https://smapi.io/log/040082a24fae4b7882ed5087b0821c47

Dragonheardt

Planter
Hi all!
Wondering if anyone has a solution on this, or could look at my log and see if there's something I'm missing.
I've noticed that when playing after this most recent update that sometimes, every 5-10 seconds or so, I will experience a severe FPS drop and lag. Fishing is difficult as the drop is so hard and lasts so long that it causes the bobber to drop entirely to the bottom, and when fighting monsters, it allows them to get a couple hits in before the frames return.
I've tried to move certain mods to my desktop and re-run to no improvement. Then I moved all mods to the desktop and ran SMAPI and experienced the same lag - no worse or better. After that, I ran the regular Stardew launcher and experienced no lag.
I just re-installed the newest SMAPI update but that didn't change anything. SMAPI warns me about Afterburner, but it's not open/on.

If anyone can offer any insight, that would be amazing! Here's my log: https://smapi.io/log/040082a24fae4b7882ed5087b0821c47
I'm not an expert on SMAPI troubleshooting but if I were encountering issues and saw this SMAPI log, I would address these things first until they no longer appeared as errors, then run the game to see if issues persist:

1. Update these mods :

BFAV] Roosters 1.0.2
Adopt & Skin 3.2.0-beta.1.8 → 4.0.0-beta.2.0.0
Cooking Skill Prestige Adapter 1.2.4-unofficial.13-Jiopaba
Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety 3.2.4-unofficial.kelvinrosa-mouseypounds-elbe
Skill Prestige 1.2.4-unofficial.14-libraryaddict

2. Cooking Skill Prestige Adapter doesn't work without the Cooking Skill mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/522

2. Ensure that if you aren't using Afterburner, triple check that you've ensured SMAPI's directions on it are followed:

Found MSI Afterburner installed, which may conflict with SMAPI. If you experience errors or crashes, try disabling that software or adding an exception for SMAPI and Stardew Valley.

HalfBaked

Farmhand
Same issue for me and partner. No mods added, changes made (except necessary updates) or Riva/MSI running. No changes except that it worked just fine in 1.5.4 for both of us and now it's stuttering quite a bit. It ran perfectly before. It's enough to annoy both of us out of playing. I assumed 64-bit would be smoother than this.

Dragonheardt

Planter
Same issue for me and partner. No mods added, changes made (except necessary updates) or Riva/MSI running. No changes except that it worked just fine in 1.5.4 for both of us and now it's stuttering quite a bit. It ran perfectly before. It's enough to annoy both of us out of playing. I assumed 64-bit would be smoother than this.
Hiya,
64 bit performance will improve (or already has in the past few days) Just checking: you're running Stardew Valley through just Steam/GOG and not using SMAPI?

ConcernedApe put out two hotfixes recently. Have you had any issues since those hotfixes?

Saturnaliia

Farmhand
I'm not an expert on SMAPI troubleshooting but if I were encountering issues and saw this SMAPI log, I would address these things first until they no longer appeared as errors, then run the game to see if issues persist:

1. Update these mods :

BFAV] Roosters 1.0.2
Adopt & Skin 3.2.0-beta.1.8 → 4.0.0-beta.2.0.0
Cooking Skill Prestige Adapter 1.2.4-unofficial.13-Jiopaba
Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety 3.2.4-unofficial.kelvinrosa-mouseypounds-elbe
Skill Prestige 1.2.4-unofficial.14-libraryaddict

2. Cooking Skill Prestige Adapter doesn't work without the Cooking Skill mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/522

2. Ensure that if you aren't using Afterburner, triple check that you've ensured SMAPI's directions on it are followed:

Found MSI Afterburner installed, which may conflict with SMAPI. If you experience errors or crashes, try disabling that software or adding an exception for SMAPI and Stardew Valley.
I've updated both mods to no avail, sadly. As the first post says, SMAPI is still super laggy, even after I've taken all the mods out and with Afterburner closed out entirely. The hotfixes haven't fixed the lag issue. I read that there were issues with audio glitching out, so I've tried to even turn down all music/sounds through the game but that still doesn't help any.

It's been super hard to fish or go into the Skull Cavern with this lag. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Dragonheardt

Planter
Hi Saturnaliia,

Can you tell me what steps you took exactly? Or if you're still having issues, please post another SMAPI log

Ziamesias

Newcomer
The problem seems to be beyond the people who made smapi, or they just don't care since nothing has been said about the issue for months. Unfortunate. Here is hoping someone better will come along and fix the issue.