Creator Response Small tiles ripping when I take them out

RunEscape

Newcomer
I just got the board game and have been trying to pop out all the tiles, however most of them aren't popping out cleanly and rip when I take them out. Sometimes it pulls part of the face off as well. Is this supposed to be happening or is there something wrong with my copy?

tiles.jpeg

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Yikes! These are the worst I've seen. I am so sorry. Yes, please send me an email through the form and we'll get it replaced.

Blauwfuur

Cowpoke
I have to say, this type of packaging is a common thing across multiple boardgames. A few things that help:
-punch the tiles out with a quick punch, instead of slow amd steady
-punch them from top to bottom, not from bottom to top
-most of the tiles you have now can still be saved by carefully ripping the exess paper with your thumbnail along the edges of the cardboard tile

Planter
It happend to my friends too when unpacking. Cutting up the excess paper with scissors worked well, but luckily the tiles themselves weren't damaged. If thst's your case, you might as well ask for replacement, Colite is always super nice about that as you can see :smile:

SynchroSalt

Newcomer
Just for visibility of the creators to know the scope of this, I also had the same issue. Ordered July 21st on Amazon.

I just submitted a ticket at the “Contact Us”link provided. Thanks for the help! Apart from this issue, we’re in love with the game :)

XianGleader

Newcomer
I noticed I was having this problem before I damaged any tiles, so I took a thin craft knife and cutting mat and cut around each tile from the front and I only had a little tearing at some of the corners. My copy was purchased from Chapters/ Indigo online in Canada a couple of days ago.

Berticus

Newcomer
We had this start to happen on a couple of tiles, so we tried popping it out from the other side of the sheet and it seemed to work better.