Slimes... outdoor.

Ray of Hope

Farmhand
It's been in my mind for sometimes, but now I've decided to rebuild a little area of my farmland for breeding slimes outdoor ala Slime Rancher. I have been researching about their colors, and getting a diamond per slime killed isn't a bad of an idea either.

My question is, will the slimes be ok if I hatch them outside? Would fences work to keep them there safe?
Can they despawn? I don't want my hard work breeding them to disappear.

Edit : Also, can the witch curse them, even when they're outside?

They will escape outdoor even with fencing that is the only downside. Also putting the statue from krobus in a hut will stop her from cursing that building

Ray of Hope

Farmhand
They will escape outdoor even with fencing that is the only downside.
Dang it! Have you tried it before in the past? Can anyone confirm this? Well there goes my plan having a slime ranch.

Also putting the statue from krobus in a hut will stop her from cursing that building
I know about that, but would the witch curse the slimes even when the slimes are outside?

Edit: Also, can the slimes even breed outside of the hutch? I know they can on the mines.

dubesor

Farmhand
The witch only affects Slimes within a Slime Hutch that has no Wicked statue.
I have had outdoor slime ranch but that was in an earlier version (1.0 or 1.1 can't exactly remember) and it was VERY messy. Slimes would constantly escape+glitch/squeeze through fences onto terrain where I couldn't remove them (on cliffs, etc and even slingshot/bombs couldn't get to them). They also didn't despawn. I don't know if those issues have been truly fixed but I'd advice making a backup of your savefile before breeding a lot of slimes outdoors.

Dang it! Have you tried it before in the past? Can anyone confirm this? Well there goes my plan having a slime ranch.
It’s slow from the video i watched on it And dependant on how many slimes you actually have. But the person I watched for a ‘slime has escaped‘ message every so often but he was also going for crazy amounts of slimes

Trickster#true

Newcomer
It's been in my mind for sometimes, but now I've decided to rebuild a little area of my farmland for breeding slimes outdoor ala Slime Rancher. I have been researching about their colors, and getting a diamond per slime killed isn't a bad of an idea either.

My question is, will the slimes be ok if I hatch them outside? Would fences work to keep them there safe?
Can they despawn? I don't want my hard work breeding them to disappear.

Edit : Also, can the witch curse them, even when they're outside?
Bro these are the things u need to know ...
Raising slimes outside will
Never cursed,
Never create slime balls even if put near a water source,
Breed faster,
If increase to a number, some of them will escape over each night however the breeding rate will always be more than escape rate.and never despawn except escaping.
They can fenced,
if slime charmer is not equipped than it will be difficult to kill all slimes (difficulty depends on the color of slime)
You can hatch them in every place and some have very interesting results like if hatched near the ice cream shop you will access to the shop anytime any season. Works also on some indoor shops.if a trash can is opened near a slime it will show the same message as a npc ''yuck'' .if hatched on ginger island near tiger slimes. They will mate them and mixed colors will form with mixed loot.

You can breed slimes in your mushroom/fruit bat cave and they don't escape. You can also use a shed or other farm building. Even inside your house!