Sleigh rides, beeswax and an Apothecary

Boo1972

Farmer
Here are my list of game ideas. Most are inspired by the creativity of my fellow farmers so calling the ideas strictly mine seems slightly dishonest.

An auto loader for cask, kegs, etc. like an auto grabber but in reverse. This idea came from a previous discussion.

I’d love to be able to purchase a sleigh for my horse and give sleigh rides in the winter. This could be incredibly useful if we ever get to play matchmaker with the NPCs.

Someone suggested growing herbs as a crop. I really love this idea because it could lead to an Apothecary or Herbalist shop. I envision the shop being run by 2 new marriageable NPCs. I picture business partners who are POC. Having naturopaths in town would open up a new use for crops, crystals, and our bees.

Beeswax. I would love to be able to craft candles. We could make scented with our herbs or existing flowers. Also, create larger candles containing crystals, like the kind that are popular now.

Clover. I’d love to purchase a ground cover that wasn’t grass or damaging to the farm. I see it as green with white flowers in the spring, green with pink in the summer, and mostly purple come fall. Animals could eat it, but you couldn’t harvest it. The clover would let the bees produce clover honey and it would be a perennial and return in the spring.

These are just a few ideas among many and I’d love to know what you think.

Odin

Staff member
Someone suggested growing herbs as a crop. I really love this idea because it could lead to an Apothecary or Herbalist shop. I envision the shop being run by 2 new marriageable NPCs. I picture business partners who are POC. Having naturopaths in town would open up a new use for crops, crystals, and our bees.
A new shop would be really cool! Maybe they've moved to Pelican Town to learn from the Wizard?

Boo1972

Farmer
A new shop would be really cool! Maybe they've moved to Pelican Town to learn from the Wizard?
Yeah, absolutely! That would be perfect. Stardew Valley seems like the type of place that would attract spiritual seekers.