Sleeves?

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Hey there! Quick question for folks who have a copy of the board game. Do you sleeve your cards? I am curious to know.

Personally, as a player of lots of board games, I do not sleeve my games but I think that is because I prefer how the paper feels and I don't enjoy it when I have a stack of sleeved cards that are too tall and therefore fall over. (That being said, I try to be gentle with my cards so they don't get dirty or bent by rough handling).

Thanks for sharing!

DLHDesign

Greenhorn
I have a few games with sleeves, but most without. I don't like trying to shuffle decks of sleeved cards, so if a deck is shuffled more than once, I won't sleeve them for sure. The typical case for me sleeving cards is when the cards aren't shuffled often, but are handled (turned, flipped, passed, etc.) a lot during the course of a game.

While there aren't any cards that are heavily shuffled in this game, there is also not much handling of anything (relatively speaking). I would not sleeve this game.

Valimure

Tiller
I don't sleeve my cards, but I have a friend who does. Personally I just have too many games that it would just be too much of a hassle! Especially with the sheer number of cards in Stardew. :)

I could see some value in sleeving the community center bundle cards, though. One of mine has a small tear in it already which means I know exactly what that card is when it shows up.