Skull Caverns Glitch?!?!

So I’m playing a co-op of 1.6 and my friend went into the quarry cave. Ended up finding a staircase at the end of a train track after going down the first staircase (instead of it taking him to skulls/golden scythe level). He said he found iridium but he couldn’t pick it up so I went to meet him and turns out it GLITCHED HIM TO LEVEL 77258 OF SKULL CAVERNS!!!!! We just started year 2 on 1.6 and he’s put 30 hours into the game TOTAL (his first ever play through) and he has NO IDEA how absolutely insane this is. I’ve logged nearly 500 hours and not once has anything like this happened til this session.

Couldn’t collect the iridium when I went either but we both woke up the next day with the letter from Qi with the reward for making it to level 100 (we hadn’t even started skull caverns since unlocking it, so it was entirely due to the glitch). I can’t decide if I’m happy to have bypassed getting to 100 or pissed that he never had to go through dozens of staircases and buffs just to get to 100! Still need to go back for iridium since we didn’t get any but WOW.

Attachments

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah this is a glitch that’s been going around with 1.6.4, presumably something to do with the new features added to the mines. It’s annoying but shouldn’t have too many impacts once you exit.

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
So in multiplayer, if one player reaches a lower level than the other (say you drop through a hole), the other player can instantly catch up? You jumped to level 77258 when you went down the stairs too? Once you earn the Statue of Perfection from Grandpa's Shrine, you won't need to go digging for Iridium anymore.