Silkworms

Mimikyu

Cowpoke
So, inspired by harvest moon tree of tranquility, I think the game could use silkworms.

Silkworms would obviously produce silk that could be used on looms to make thread or string. Thread could have any number of tailoring or crafting uses.

Tailoring could provide us with necklaces made of thread in place of cloth and an extra material like gems or flowers or more currently useless items like rabbits feet, duck feathers or holly. Certain materials could give new benefits or regular buffs depending on balance. Perhaps if giving another accessory slot to the player is too much then the necklaces could wear down in durability?

Its also possible to use it to modify the slingshot or perhaps craft bows.

It would fit in pretty seamlessly in my opinion.

There is the issue of where to keep them, though. Maybe a special tree? Or a machine like the bee house or worm bin?
I think I like them being kept in a new tree more.

Some potential buffs:
Elven jewelry: More likely to find artifacts over resources in artifact spots.
Rabbit foot: More likely to find better items in trash.
Diamond: current buffs last a little longer

Cant think of many more for now. Thoughts?

Interesting! Maybe you can only grow Mulberry trees in the greenhouse? I don't know enough about modern silkworm farming to say how else they might be held.
Silk also makes great protection from arrows, which, not that any enemies use to my knowledge, but some sort of armor could be crafted with that, maybe? (If you ever use a sewing machine on silk, be careful, it will break more needles than multiple layers of leather. It tears super easy but piercing? It shrugs that right off.)
Thread makes more sense than jumping straight to cloth from a spinning wheel.
Silkworms could be one of those crops/stock that isn't sold regularly, you could have to trade for it from one of the caravans, or maybe as a potential drop from certain worm monsters?

Mimikyu

Cowpoke
Thats very insightful, thank you! I did not know that about silk and tailoring.
I was thinking Demetrius could find the silkworms in a cutscene and the player could raise them afterwards. Mulberry trees could maybe work similar to fish ponds and hold a certain number of silkworms?