Should I sell the treasure chest?

seulgoxo

Newcomer
Hello earlier I found the treasure chest worth 5000g whilst fishing, should I just sell it? or keep it for whatever reason
thank youu

Worblehat

Planter
I sold the one I got (which was not by fishing, and is something you are likely to eventually encounter - trying to phrase this to minimize spoilers 🙂 ). According to the wiki, it's not used for anything other than selling for 5000g or running through the sewing machine to make a pirate hat.

seulgoxo

Newcomer
I sold the one I got (which was not by fishing, and is something you are likely to eventually encounter - trying to phrase this to minimize spoilers 🙂 ). According to the wiki, it's not used for anything other than selling for 5000g or running through the sewing machine to make a pirate hat.
ahhh okay thank you! really appreciate it

imnvs

Local Legend
yeah that was my other thought tbh, im still trying to decide hahah
Except that it can't be used as an aquarium decoration. It has been suggested that it be able to be used as such, but that will likely have to come in a future update.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I kinda want to make a shed, fill it with treasure chests, and then create some kinda diving board look-alike somewhere in the room.

From what I can tell this is likely the best use of treasure chests once you don't need money anymore.