should i divorce penny?

Divorce my wife?

• Total voters

spaeyder

Greenhorn
i'm currently playing my third save file, but it's my first time making any progress in 1.5 so i'm very attached to it. penny and i have been married for 2 seasons now and i'm not sure i made the right decision

- she asked me to have a child when we had been married less than a week??? bruh ( i was overwhelmed and said yes and regretted it)

- in order to put off the adoption i tried to lower our relationship by upsetting her at every turn, which worked for a while but really altered my feelings about our relationship

- she keeps talking about how 'maybe having a second child will make things better' ????

- i dont really like how our relationship feels like her only ambition in life and our personalities dont really match after all
(also ngl i lowkey disliked her bedroom makeover)

so should i do it? any advice?

I don't think the NPC's can actually have their own ambitions after you get married to them 😐. In fact, I think it has upset a lot of people that the NPC's stop their previous dreams. Examples would be how Maru does not go to Zuzu college, stops her work in robotics to be a housewife and Alex stops dreaming of being a pro athlete. They don't even go hang out with their friends anymore either!

spaeyder

Greenhorn
I don't think the NPC's can actually have their own ambitions after you get married to them 😐. In fact, I think it has upset a lot of people that the NPC's stop their previous dreams. Examples would be how Maru does not go to Zuzu college, stops her work in robotics to be a housewife and Alex stops dreaming of being a pro athlete. They don't even go hang out with their friends anymore either!
Well that's upsetting :/ I did notice that sebastian just kind of stands around all day instead of working on his IT stuff, but he did still hang out at the saloon on fridays. I feel like married life is just a bit stale in general, I wish there were more things you could do with your spouse tbh

Boo1972

Farmer
Now, I’ve never been married to either Maru and Alex so I can’t speak to what married life is like with them. However, Alex’s heart events make clear that a career in professional sports isn’t in the cards for him. Very few gifted athletes make it after all. And let’s be fair, no one’s dreams are progressing very far prior to the farmers arrival.

But, a lot of the NPC’s do continue on their own path. Neither Harvey or Penny quit their jobs. Leah, Sam and Elliot still pursue their artistic endeavors- in Sam’s case not how he had envisioned. Haley finds her purpose in married life. Abigail’s desires are best fulfilled in the valley. And Sebastian is working on something- you’ll get the dialogue eventually. Also, most of them do hang out with friends and family.

Overall, I think the farmer is a positive influence on the NPC’s.