Shane's Room

katchen94

Greenhorn
I really appreciate Shane's character development and I find him to be, overall, a good spouse in Stardew; however, his spouse room drives me insane. As a person with OCD, it bothers me on a level that I'm not sure how to describe. Just knowing that Shane's room exists like that within the game makes me incredibly uncomfortable - even though I have not married him in any other save files.

I think it would fit with his character development and storyline, for his room to be cleaned up after his 14 heart event. At that point, he's been going to therapy for a while, has quit drinking, and has found healthier coping mechanisms.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yes, Shane's room still has the dirty footprints in vanilla v1.6 however I think a reasonable suggestion might be in the form of an undocumented Easter Egg. This is not a feature but I think it should be:

After you have completed both the Community Cleanup request from Linus and the Trash Bear/Racoon's Town Cleanup quest, then magically (let's be fair, all this stuff is straight magic) the cans, footprints, keg, and spills are also removed from Shane's room. This is consistent with the intent and effect of both of these quests and would be a very nice Easter Egg in the game.

Just be happy Andy is SVE isn't a marriage candidate. I stepped in his place and the first thing I thought was that burning the building down was the only solution. Luckily Sophia is nice and tidy, even if she says "SPOOP!"

Yes, Shane's room still has the dirty footprints in vanilla v1.6 however I think a reasonable suggestion might be in the form of an undocumented Easter Egg. This is not a feature but I think it should be:

After you have completed both the Community Cleanup request from Linus and the Trash Bear/Racoon's Town Cleanup quest, then magically (let's be fair, all this stuff is straight magic) the cans, footprints, keg, and spills are also removed from Shane's room. This is consistent with the intent and effect of both of these quests and would be a very nice Easter Egg in the game.
Nice idea.
I think there should be another quest to minimize all the trash while fishing (also with the Crab Pots). One still has the "chance" to get trash when searching the trash cans... :laugh:

Love this idea

Just be happy Andy is SVE isn't a marriage candidate. I stepped in his place and the first thing I thought was that burning the building down was the only solution. Luckily Sophia is nice and tidy, even if she says "SPOOP!"
Andy has a character arc too. At some point in SVE, can't remember exactly the trigger (a friendship cutscene I think), his house is cleaned and tidied up so that it becomes a pleasure to visit him.

Sana

Farmhand
I really appreciate Shane's character development and I find him to be, overall, a good spouse in Stardew; however, his spouse room drives me insane. As a person with OCD, it bothers me on a level that I'm not sure how to describe. Just knowing that Shane's room exists like that within the game makes me incredibly uncomfortable - even though I have not married him in any other save files.

I think it would fit with his character development and storyline, for his room to be cleaned up after his 14 heart event. At that point, he's been going to therapy for a while, has quit drinking, and has found healthier coping mechanisms.
This is literally the reason I didnt marry him and chose to marry Sophia instead, her room is tidy and put together and you have access to a sewing machine from your house now! But I married Shane on my XBOX character and I AGREE completely with this, interestingly enough I am also diagnosed with OCD

Andy has a character arc too. At some point in SVE, can't remember exactly the trigger (a friendship cutscene I think), his house is cleaned and tidied up so that it becomes a pleasure to visit him.
I have now notied that. Don't ask me how, but it must have been some Stardew Magic. It should happen to Shane when he has the heart event where he has stopped drinking beer.