Xbox Shane doing tasks

My wife plays this game and is on the second year, she hyper focused marrying Shane year 1 for the blue chickens. Every now and then Shane will prompt her with a text box saying he did a task around her farm, water the plants and tend to the animals. Whenever this comes up and he says he's fed the animals, she goes out and they haven't been fed but when he says he has watered the plants it seems like a toss up if it actually happened or not. She looked it up and couldn't find anything and using my Google-foo I can't seem to find anything either.

She plays exclusively single player on her Xbox one (digital edition), English language and always has the game up to date when playing. Not sure what this could be but I assume a it's a glitch of some sort considering it says nothing about Shane lying on the wiki about tasks.

Any help is appreciated!

(Also: forgot to mention that her relationship with Shane has been glitched from the beginning, seeing as she can't access the blue chickens and somehow missed the cutscene to gain access to the locked door in Marnie's house as well.)

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
I never pay attention to the spouses chores, so I can’t help with that. I do thing “feeding the animals” doesn’t necessarily mean there’s hay in the bench, it might just mean they won’t eat anything that day, like on festival days.

the blue chickens come from Shane’s 8-heart event. So you don’t actually need to marry him, and it’s actually easier to access that before marriage. She needs to enter the ranch house when he is there. He visits Marnie on the weekends, so she has a small time window to see that event. If it doesn’t work, she missed one of the earlier heart events and should just follow the list on the wiki to trigger them all.