Sell price Mod

Bones017

Newcomer
Hello, I started playing multiplayer with my family and noticed my kids rushed to get and grow starfruit etc which I find makes everything else pretty much obsolete. Is there a Mod where sell prices can be adjusted? I would like to keep plenty of options to make money from foods, wines, and animal products etc. Not just starfruit wine.

Also interested in seeing if there is a Mod that changes how much fruit etc you get from a seed. E.g. One seed can produce 2 to 3 pumpkins.

Thanks. I am hoping I can keep many possibilities for making money instead of just starfruit wine.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi Bones017 and Welcome to the Forums! There is a game setting when first starting a playthrough to modify the profit margins down to as low as 25% overall if you want, but it doesn't change the relative sell prices of anything so Starfruit continues to be a very good option.

However there are other things to consider apart from Starfruit. One is Ancient Fruit as you only need to replant it once a year, and once ever in the Greenhouse. It still makes good money and needs less maintenance. Coffee, Tea and Honey are other even better moneymakers but require more maintenance.

However you can choose not focus on money as much. Still plant the Starfruit/Ancient Fruit but also plant one each of the reharvestable crops in the Greenhouse: Tomato, Corn, Strawberry, etc. Gives a bit of variety. Also I limit myself by not planting Starfruit or Ancient Fruit outdoors on the Farm, so instead it's:

Spring: Rhubarb or Cauliflower
Summer: Red Cabbage or Melon
Fall: Pumpkin

All of these still make good g. You could also plant a Flower or 3 each season near a buncha Bee Houses for Flower Honey as it makes some decent g as well. Choosing not to max g using Starfruit doesn't break the game in any way so just easing back on it can be a good idea.

And well, ehhh.....

A number of people here make more money absolutely STUFFING their farms with Barns full of Pigs. There are other ways to go nutso with g than just Starfruit!

Lenora Rose

Farmer
If you do want a mod there are several that balance the pricing in that fashion. In fact, the word balance itself is often the best word to search on

Check really carefully which versions it supports right now, though; if you're in 1.6 it may not be converted yet; if you're in 1.5.x and the mod is updated to 1.6, you may have to look back through the mod's versions for an older one.