Solved SDV Vanilla giving error

SDV_Kitty

Greenhorn
Hello!

I am having a problem with my game.
I have been recently updating mods for my game and now the game won't save when going to bed.
I ran the log parser and it seems though as the issue lies in the Vanilla not in the mods.
SDV game (Vanilla) crashes without running it through SMAPI once I try to open my save file in the title screen.

I get this on the log parser:

ERROR game An error occurred in the base update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day:
---------------
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Characters.Child.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Characters\Child.cs:line 369
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9707
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4154
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1080

ERROR game NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Characters.Child.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Characters\Child.cs:line 369
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9707
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)

Anyone who could tell me what's the issue? I'd highly appreciate it.
I tried swapping several save files but it won't work. I tried reinstalling the game but no luck either.

1665976193936.png

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Hello!

I am having a problem with my game.
I have been recently updating mods for my game and now the game won't save when going to bed.
I ran the log parser and it seems though as the issue lies in the Vanilla not in the mods.
SDV game (Vanilla) crashes without running it through SMAPI once I try to open my save file in the title screen.

I get this on the log parser:

ERROR game An error occurred in the base update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day:
---------------
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
---------------

at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4154
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1080

ERROR game NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anyone who could tell me what's the issue? I'd highly appreciate it.
I tried swapping several save files but it won't work. I tried reinstalling the game but no luck either.

View attachment 11970
Hi, instead of the copy paste of the error, could you upload your entire SMAPI log and link to it here? There are instructions at that page for how to find and share it.

or just share a link to the log from your screenshot

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Hi,

Son's name is Leo and daughter's name is Sofia.
Well, never name your character, pets or children after other NPCs. Your game already has a NPC named Leo, so need to rename your child. You can't do this in game, so you'll have to edit your save file. How to: Edit a save.
In save file you need to find a code that starts with
XML:
<NPC xsi:type="Child">
and change the name from Leo to a new one
XML:
<name>Leo</name>

SDV_Kitty

Greenhorn
Mhh, yeah that is quite odd cause for the longest time I haven't had any issues with both having the same name (especially cause I had the boy before the 1.5 update)
But I will give it a try and will let you know how it turned out.

Thanks!

SDV_Kitty

Greenhorn
Thanks again!

I changed the name and that have seemed to fix the problem.
The game gets saved again.

Highly appreciate your help!

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Mhh, yeah that is quite odd cause for the longest time I haven't had any issues with both having the same name (especially cause I had the boy before the 1.5 update)
But I will give it a try and will let you know how it turned out.

Thanks!
20:00:04ERRORgameNullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at StardewValley.Characters.Child.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Characters\Child.cs:line 369 at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9707 at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
20:00:04ERRORgameAn error occurred in the base update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day: --------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at StardewValley.Characters.Child.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Characters\Child.cs:line 369 at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9707 at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread) --------------- at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4154 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1080
This error always appears before a day when the child must grow up.

Thanks again!

I changed the name and that have seemed to fix the problem.
The game gets saved again.

Highly appreciate your help!
:smug: