"Save" without hosting needed

ArkhruN

Farmhand
Hello everyone!
I would like to suggest that the farms (save) could be started by any member of the co-op, without needing that the "hosting" is always the same person, so anyone could start the farm without needing that colleague who stopped playing or not is more like it.

imnvs

Local Legend
I doubt this is likely to be implemented.

The structure of the game revolves around the fact that one person is hosting. It is that person's farm and everyone else is really just an extra. You can't just take over someone else's property/business without that person cooperating... which is easily done by them sending you the save file and you loading it up. Or you could both load up the mod that allows the host to be switched and do so. Either way, you can't steal the farm.

If you can't get that person to send you the file, I'm sorry, but you'll have to start a new one. And hell, that could be an opportunity to apply what you've learned to make an even better farm this time.

Technically the save file could be easy/automatically shared after each saving. So the implementation is imho more question of fairness and collective playing...

imnvs

Local Legend
Technically the save file could be easy/automatically shared after each saving. So the implementation is imho more question of fairness and collective playing...
The last part of what you said is the issue...

See, there are quite a few things in this game that only trigger off the host or the host's progress/achievements. Like, you can't get a Statue of Perfection if someone else were to start a game, bring in farmhands (of which you are one) and then never play again while you and the other farmhands keep going.

Also, in the game, one person is the inheritor of the farm. I know, you could be playing it as a commune with friends (my wife and I play this way), but there's still one person that owns the house (the host) and other people that live in cabins. We would have to change a pretty fundamental way that the farm is set up to make it collectively owned instead.

In the meantime... there's always gotta be a primary in some way, and the farmhands playing without that primary? You're advancing days that person needs in order to accomplish goals in order to get things (like the aforementioned statue).