Issue Save file crashes at loading

CAVOLOHOPELESS

Newcomer
Been playing with mods for a few hours and when I came back to the original game my save file won't load anymore. It crashes at the loading screen (ToT) please help it's my first game file and I don't want to get rid of it :, >

Have you saved any in-game day while playing with those mods?

Give us the crash error you can find on a txt on %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs.

CAVOLOHOPELESS

Newcomer
Have you saved any in-game day while playing with those mods?

Give us the crash error you can find on a txt on %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs.
Yes I have saved days while playing with the mods, I can actually still launch the file in smapi but I can't launch it in the Unmodded stardew Valley :, > I'll send the error wait just a sec

MouseyPounds

Sodbuster
The game is looking for a modded character that is no longer there. Try the following:
  1. Make a backup of the save and put it somewhere safe.
  2. Disable all mods (such as by renaming the Mods folder)
  3. Launch the game through SMAPI, load the problem save, and sleep. This should allow SMAPI to cleanup missing characters, etc.
  4. Quit the game and try to reload in vanilla Stardew.

CAVOLOHOPELESS

Newcomer
The game is looking for a modded character that is no longer there. Try the following:
  1. Make a backup of the save and put it somewhere safe.
  2. Disable all mods (such as by renaming the Mods folder)
  3. Launch the game through SMAPI, load the problem save, and sleep. This should allow SMAPI to cleanup missing characters, etc.
  4. Quit the game and try to reload in vanilla Stardew.
Okok I'll try that and see if I can save it. Thank you so much!

rafxs

Greenhorn
hi, i have the same problem, wich the game dont find a caracther, but I already uninstalled the smapi and the mods, what do I do?

rafxs

Greenhorn
There is my error logs:
Message: Error loading "Characters\MorrisTod". File not found.
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Characters\MorrisTod.xnb". File not found.
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
Stack Trace: em StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__94.MoveNext() na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:linha 1745
em StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 6130
em StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 4792
em StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 3876
em StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:linha 1046
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop (IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner (motivo Int32, contexto ApplicationContext)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop (motivo Int32, contexto ApplicationContext)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (Form mainForm)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run ()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame (Boolean useBlockingRun)
em StardewValley.Program.Main (String [] args) na C: \ GitlabRunner \ builds \ Gq5qA5P4 \ 0 \ ConcernedApe \ stardewvalley \ Farmer \ Farmer \ Program.cs: linha 156

Versão do jogo: 1.5.3
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Idioma do jogo: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
SO: Win32NT Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Data no jogo: primavera 5 Y3 Hora do dia: 600
Localização do jogo: FarmHouse

O que pode ser?

rafxs

Greenhorn
I played with stardew expanded mods on my phone, uninstalled and switched to the pc and the pc won't open the save

mouse

Farmer
Whenever you are uninstalling mods, make sure you play at least one day with SMAPI still installed, so it can try to clean up the save from any custom NPCs or locations you were using.