Sam or Sebastian?

I haven't even managed to friend either one. I found out Sebastian is not a fan of beer, though. My first-game farmer has max platonic hearts with Alex, Elliot, Shane, Abigail, Emily, and Leah, and I am working on Hayley and Maru. I think Leah is the most natural fit for my farmer, but I'm not going to take the dive until I have max hearts with all bachelorettes and most of the bachelors.

Holyblade2.0

Newcomer
It depends on you as a person. I have married almost everyone in the game and I prefer Sam just because he is a bit for involved with you than Sebastian. I married Seb again to see what it was like and I still prefer Sam, but it depends on what personality you like in people

The first time I decided to try marriage in the game, I picked Sebastian because his character arc with the farmer felt the most like a developing relationship to me. His mother warns the farmer that he's shy and he certainly is a first, but then he starts talking a little more each time until he's comfortable enough to start geeking out about books and frogs. His six and eight hearts events look like something out of a romcom. He has a job he can do from anywhere; he likes just hanging out outside or in his room; he has a complicated relationship with his family and seems ready to have some space from them; he's a loner and is very independent. All of that made me think he'd be fine at the farm while my farmer was off doing whatever. He seems quite content once married and continues to have hobbies and regularly leaves to do his own thing.

Sam is a very sweet character who seems to have gone through most of his development before ever meeting the farmer, so there isn't as much change with him over the course of the game. That isn't a bad thing though. He's easygoing; he's protective of his little brother; he understands the importance of doing his job even if he doesn't particularly like it; he has good relationships with his family and several friends in town; he has multiple hobbies to keep himself entertained. I don't find him childish at all, however, he doesn't seem like he's ready to move on from his current home during the first year in-game or so. I could see marrying him near the end of the second year or later in a future game, though, to see what he's like as a spouse.

Maher

Planter
I would pick a concert over watching my dude awkwardly shuffling his feet (out of costume) at least once.
Trixie married Seb. She likes the frogs. He mansplains that you are pregnant when you are pregnant, smokes at the fair, and she has a Strange Bun in the fridge, just waiting, you know. And then he said the most magical words in the game "Ugh, do we have to go to the Flower Dance tomorrow?" and Trixie was all squee.