Sam or Sebastian?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have forgotten to marry either of them up to this point but you will find a rather vocal contingent of Sebastian supporters here so I'll just argue the other side. IRL I'd be with Sam over Seb but only because Sam is a pretty carefree person and those are the types I try to hang out with.

And I have a whole coop of chickens madly shooting out eggs to keep his hair permanently defying gravity.

Bealoved12

Greenhorn
I have married, divorced, and erased the memory of every possible person you can marry in the game so I could then see what they are all like in marriage. When I was deciding who to finally marry, I was also stuck between Sam and Sebastian. I would say they offer the same amount of help and romance. Sam is more immature and dorky but funny and sweet while Sebastian is kinda emo but has super sweet dialog. In real life I’d go with Sam cause Sebastian is kinda introverted and detached but I think that’s actually better for the game cause then you can do the stuff you need to do and he will be happier away at the farm. I ended up going with Sebastian :)

mtrisciut

Cowpoke
I prefer Sebastian for many of the same reasons others have mentioned here; Sam seems a little too young for my personal taste, and Sebastian remind me a little more of my irl spouse (with much shorter hair lol)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly I’ve never married either of them but I would probably? Pick Sebastian over sam, sam just acts too dependant and is just overall a bit annoying, I don’t really like Sebastian either but there are a few reasons why I’d choose him instead.

it does sometimes feel like you are tying the characters down and butchering their dreams by marrying them and Sebastian is sort of a milder case in this regard. He feels happy as he is but also wishes he went to the city and yearns for some freedom.

Godkin

Planter
I am new to Stardew Valley and I’m having the worst time deciding if I should marry Sam or Sebastian! Who did you marry and why?! :)
THERE IS MY ANSWER "SEBASTIAN SUPREMACY" ( ˘︹˘ )

Sebastian, a figure who lives in a complicated family, faces an internal conflict that cannot be revealed. Amidst the complicated family ties, he finds comfort in the friendships of Sam and Abigail. Hidden behind his smile, Sebastian harbors unspoken hopes and dreams. Will his relationship with Abigail develop? Or is there a secret hidden behind their friendship? In the midst of the mystery that surrounds him, Sebastian finds happiness in Pumpkin Soup which is reminiscent of his mother's warm cooking and togetherness.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hidden behind his smile...
!!!

Did I miss something?

Smiiiiilllleee....... Hmmm, on Seb. Not sure about that, maybe with a mod or something? Let's see.... some random evening:

"Hey Seb wanna go see Wumbus?"

"Hey Seb I caught you a fish, no it's not Flounder..."
SebastianLookRight.png

"...and I don't have Rice or a paring knife with me."

"Hey Seb I saw Sam lookin' at Abby during the Egg Hunt."
SebastianLookLeft.png

"Hey Seb where do you stand on the fruit vs. veg divide with Tomatoes?"
SebastianNarowEyes.png

"Hey Seb I found a frog in town far from the river, want it?"

Seb takes frog and slowly walks back home in the gloom of the night. I circle back towards the Mountain House and catch a glimpse of him in the distance as he opens the front door.

Ok, maybe sometimes....

Godkin

Planter
!!!

Did I miss something?

Smiiiiilllleee....... Hmmm, on Seb. Not sure about that, maybe with a mod or something? Let's see.... some random evening:

"Hey Seb wanna go see Wumbus?"

"Hey Seb I caught you a fish, no it's not Flounder..."
View attachment 16483

"...and I don't have Rice or a paring knife with me."

"Hey Seb I saw Sam lookin' at Abby during the Egg Hunt."
View attachment 16484

"Hey Seb where do you stand on the fruit vs. veg divide with Tomatoes?"
View attachment 16485

"Hey Seb I found a frog in town far from the river, want it?"

Seb takes frog and slowly walks back home in the gloom of the night. I circle back towards the Mountain House and catch a glimpse of him in the distance as he opens the front door.

Ok, maybe sometimes....
The Sebastian Sect, with all its power, will always be victorious in my view. Even though he lacks the aura of a strong villain, at least he is far superior compared to other competitors. In the dark and secret, the success of this sect continues to shine, like a star that is not dazzled by the bounding night.

"SEBASTIAN SUPREMACY" ( ˘︹˘ )

Bawby

Planter
Are you healing him for added value or because you are becoming a Healer?
I want to be the healer. I like helping people. I think that's how it goes. You know...you ice fish and egg hunt over and over again. Why not be able to see some events again? I would pick a concert over watching my dude awkwardly shuffling his feet (out of costume) at least once.

Godkin

Planter
I want to be the healer. I like helping people. I think that's how it goes. You know...you ice fish and egg hunt over and over again. Why not be able to see some events again? I would pick a concert over watching my dude awkwardly shuffling his feet (out of costume) at least once.
You have dreams of becoming a healer and you love helping people. That's a good aim! Everyone has different interests and preferences in spending their free time. Enjoying hunting icefish and eggs over and over again, that's an interesting thing.

When it comes to seeing a few more shows, maybe that's something that can give you a new and exciting experience. However, if you'd rather go to a concert than watch your man shake his legs awkwardly (out of costume), that's a valid choice. Everyone has different preferences in filling their free time.

Remember to respect the choices of others and understand that we all have different interests and desires. Always do what makes you happy and keep following your interests.

And finally someone wants to say this "Just reply like this 👍"

Bawby

Planter
You have dreams of becoming a healer and you love helping people. That's a good aim! Everyone has different interests and preferences in spending their free time. Enjoying hunting icefish and eggs over and over again, that's an interesting thing.

When it comes to seeing a few more shows, maybe that's something that can give you a new and exciting experience. However, if you'd rather go to a concert than watch your man shake his legs awkwardly (out of costume), that's a valid choice. Everyone has different preferences in filling their free time.

Remember to respect the choices of others and understand that we all have different interests and desires. Always do what makes you happy and keep following your interests.

And finally someone wants to say this "Just reply like this 👍"
In a world that appears to grow ever more colder, words such as these not only warms one, but envelopes all with a nurturing, golden light. Much like the sun, where the seeds of new life will soon come to cherish as they rise ever higher to provide shade for the weary, sunburned man who just wants to relive certain heart moments again with certain characters from a certain game that is kinda on topic to this discussion. Oh, and 👍.