Right Click to Lock Items on Hot Bar

Ericlegacy

Cowpoke
I have been watching a recent playthrough from Cohhcarnage. In his playthrough, he made a suggestion that right clicking your mouse on an item on your hot bar should lock it in that specific spot. (and something similar for controllers!)

The sorting feature is nice, but I think having a lock feature for the hot bar would be a pretty nice addition!

tomaO2

Sodbuster
Nice suggestion. You can't use the right click button though, due to it let you pick up objects one at a time. Left click picks up the stack, right click picks up one of a stack.

Currently, the mouse wheel button does nothing, so this would be perfect for it. I was thinking of asking to use it in order to switch between the item rows only to find out that the tab button does that. I then tried to reset the mouse wheel button for the item switch but it wasn't recognized as a valid option.

Maybe there is something else the mouse wheel could be used for...

Another thought. Maybe an item lock would mean that items do not move into a chest when hitting the "add to existing stacks" button as well? I try and keep some items in my inventory but then accidently lose it when hitting that button because that same item is in another chest.

You could also make it so locked items can't be tossed in bins, like tools. I had been saving all the mixed seeds in my inventory for a while now, but they have disappeared. I really have no idea what happened, but I suspect that I may have tossed it in the bin by mistake. Even if that's not the case, this is a nice way to avoid the worry.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Nice suggestion. You can't use the right click button though, due to it let you pick up objects one at a time. Left click picks up the stack, right click picks up one of a stack.
I think they mean actually right-clicking on the toolbar, rather than in the inventory screen?

Ericlegacy

Cowpoke
Yeah basically you would right click an item on your hotbar, It will lock that item in place. So even if you sort or put items in chests, that item will stay in place and not be added to a chest. So if you just want to take a small amount of one item you can without it being put into and stacked with the same items in a chest.

Or if you want to go into the mines and do not want your items to be shifted when you use the sort button.

Salosso

Greenhorn
Locking down items in general would be nice.

I’d start by with locking the carpets in the house. The ones that I accidentally click on when using the magic scepter to teleport.

Yes I would love to be able to luck my tools and bombs in place when I go mining. also locking the carpets down so I will STOP picking them up by accident while doing something in my house would be amazing.

Dioury

Newcomer
Looking forward to that. Hopefully, if devs don't put this on the game, someone could make amod for it. I would totally use it.