Question Returning Player, question on Content Patcher

FeyAngel

Greenhorn
Good evening! I haven't had the opportunity to play Stardew Valley on PC for almost 3 years as my old laptop died. Just got a new one, and of course the first thing I'm doing now that it's all set up is get things in order for Stardew Valley! I have a spreadsheet I made of all the mods I was using on my old laptop (unfortunately no access to files or anything on it as the pc died a horrible death), so I'm referring to that to go through and get mods reinstalled. I installed SMAPI already and now am at the XNB loader, but it looks like that went by the wayside, replaced by Content Patcher. My question, and if I missed an answer somewhere I sincerely apologize, is do you need to install any other mods into the Content Patcher folder, or do all mods just go in their own subfolder here: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods? I seem to recall that XNB loader related mods needed to be located within the XNB subfolder (ie , D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\XNBLoader), but I may be mistaken.

Thank you in advance for your help--can't wait to get started again!!

mouse

Farmer
Content Patcher packs just go in the main Mods folder, but you don't just throw random XNB files in there like you would for XNBLoader, just in case that comes up. I really don't recommend using any old xnb mods whether through CP or XNBLoader, because they are very outdated but still replace the entire game asset, so any changes made since they were created will be reverted. Sometimes this is aesthetic, sometimes gameplay critical, either way just give them a pass and see what new and exciting content has been created since now that content modders can edit more selectively, and under a variety of different conditions :)

FeyAngel

Greenhorn
Thank you Mouse! That's the conclusion I was coming to--just put it in the main Mods folder. I am staying away from all XNB files to be safe. I really appreciate the response!